Page 138 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1874
    So I'm looking at the Toy Fair photos of the upcoming AOME figures for this year, and I notice that a lot of them, tiny as they are, actually have not only bendable elbows and knees but also ball-jointed shoulders! On some of the figures I'm counting articulation at the neck, ball-joints at the shoulders, bendable joints at the elbows, a cut joint in the waist, and bendable joints in the knees! That's eight points of articualtion on a two inch tall figure! Freakin' amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    The newer trilogy Gandalf the grey has two headsculpts, and comes with the fabric outer cloak packed behind the figure in the package.
    Waaah! Mine didn't come with any cloak at all, I even just now double-checked the empty card and bubble tray. Last time I saw that variant info over on the GD, it made no mention of this. Weird.

The ROTK Legolas has some different, thinner straps on his torso. And he has a silver shirt instead of a black one. Other than that, he's pretty much identical to the Rohan Armor/Helms Deep version (he has the same head as the Helms Deep one too).

I think He looks pretty cool, but no better than the other versions. I would only buy him if you're into variations.
    Totally different head sculpt, no shoulder armor, different straps as you mentioned, and vastly different paint on the outfit (this all from examining the TTT Legolas which I didn't even know existed until you mentioned this).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There are 2 TTT Legolas', JT. Someone posted above that the ROTK one has the same head as Helm's Deep Legolas, which to me is the less appealing one. I'm very happy with L in Rohan Armor from the first wave of TTT figures, it's probably one if the best actor-likenesses I've ever seen in the action figure universe. I have the Helm's Deep one as well (necessary evil if you wanted to get the Haldir figure) and he's not nearly so nice. Similar outfit though.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

A little help!!

I am filling out my LOTR collection a little bit and I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the Samwise in the Mt. Doom 3 pack is the same as the Sam in Mordor figure? Thanks!!
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble
    I am filling out my LOTR collection a little bit and I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the Samwise in the Mt. Doom 3 pack is the same as the Sam in Mordor figure? Thanks!!
    Yes, it is the Sam from Mordor figure.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

My other half got me the rigwraiths gift set today. Not atall impressed with the quality here. TW witchking is all rubbery and soft and bent out of shape something bad. Morgul lord wraith is okay but not brilliant as figures go. The cloth ringwraith seems so small compared to the other two but worse is the crappy way he was packed so all his robes were bunched up in the blister and now just sort of stick out sideways all twisted up.
    Apart from that all i've seen over here is store upon store choking under the weight of the over produced Gollums/Smeagols. I cannot believe that there are more Gollums coming this year. I mean ferchrissakes Gollum with fish!? Gollum with ring!? Please spare me. And i thought Hasbroken were bad.

I'm refusing to buy any more Aragorn figures. No more Legolas and how many times can you release the one very limited in articulation or movement figure of a dwarf. Thank god they have a coronation Gimli planned.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    There are 2 TTT Legolas', JT. Someone posted above that the ROTK one has the same head as Helm's Deep Legolas, which to me is the less appealing one.
    I know there are 2 Legolas figures from TTT, the Helms Deep figure and the "Rohan Armor" one, I made comment about learning about that 2nd one yesterday in this very thread. However, looking at the pics on Green Dragon, the ROTK version's head is not the one from the TTT Helm's Deep figure, they have similar facial expressions, but are not the same sculpt, the ROTK head has different eyes, brow, nose, the back of the hair, and especially cheeks.

I see what you mean about the Rohan Armor TTT figure's likeness from the pics at Green Dragon, it does have a very good likeness, but I'm not fond of the expression so I'm glad I found the ROTK one first.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Missed that part JT. My first thought when I saw the ROTK Legolas was that I didn't need it - it looked to me like Rohan Armor Lego with the Helm's Deep head. Good thing about Legolas figures is: they're all pretty darned good. To look at the Fellowship likeness and describe it as "not so good" or even "crappy" is a statement about how remarkably well they've done with the latter versions.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

After making that post above, I took a good look at my ROTK Legolas, and while I'm confident about the back of the head, it is possible that the face is the same but so severely different in the paint department that the features just look so darn different. I will say that the paint on the Helm's Deep figure really seems fairly different compared to the rest, very brown and monotone.

Couldn't agree more about Toy Biz capturing Bloom's likeness on these figures, it's scary how good even the first Legolas figure and then compare that to pretty much every Aragorn figure who has sculpt and/or paint issues that add up to drunks and freaks .

My area has been dry of new figures for a few weeks now, how have sightings been for the rest of you?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    pretty much every Aragorn figure who has sculpt and/or paint issues that add up to drunks and freaks .
    Yeah...I've been looking at every King Aragorn figure I find hoping it's a good enough paint app to make me want it, but all of'em just stink. He looks so fake it's horrible.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"