Page 151 of 188 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Reefer...I didn't buy Shelob(tryin' to conserve funds for SW OTC & new Toy Biz LOTR)...but Pelennor Fields has no Orc, King Theoden or horse. I didn't open it yet. I wish I'd nabbed the Osgilioth(sp!) Fell beast set when I'd seen it.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Yeah, no doubt. Now I really wish I had bought the Osgiliath set when I saw it too. I spotted it once at Suncoast for $29.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Yeah, no doubt. Now I really wish I had bought the Osgiliath set when I saw it too. I spotted it once at Suncoast for $29.99.
    I got my Osgiliath set off of eBay recently for $24 + shipping and it is awesome. Well worth the $$. I currently have the Shelob & Pelennor Fields on layaway at WM. I'm thinking about getting my money back for them since I saw the news at thegd.com about the lack of detail on the Pelennor set.

thanks to the marvelous folks at Big Big Toy Store, i today got a HUGE box that had: the Coronation Gift set, the Black Gates of Mordor Gift set, FOTR Trilogy set wave 3 and ROTK Trilogy set wave 3. Here is my brief review of each figure, starting with ROTK figures (keep in mind, i'm a MOC collector):

Ringwraith- This is pretty much a basic repack with a few adjustments. to me, the cloak looks far better and much spookier. There seems to be some sort of cloth robe now and it's very well done and adds a lot to the design.

Gollum w/ one ring- basic gollum here. The expression on his face is kinda funny and he does have the one ring plastered to his hand. It's "super poseable" which is good, but it doesn't improve much. I do like the back where they have what you can do with him and it just says, "super poseable figure can recreate key scenes from the movie!"

Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai- Army builders, prepare to pee thyselves. This figure is AWESOME. The detail on teh armor is just fascinating and the shield is the style with the slight cut in one end to trap a human and lob off his head!! This definately is a must have figure for army builders and collectors alike. Awesome figure.

Shelob- Wow. just wow. TB did a FANTASTIC job with her. The detail and paint apps on her are perfect and her many eyes are beyond creepy. Her legs are very well done too with the joints where they are. I'm SERIOUSLY debating getting an extra to open. Simply awesome. Once again, i love TB's instructions for her:"Unfold the super poseable arms for creepy fun!" Who writes these things?!!

Coronation Arwen- It's pretty much the exact same body as Galdriel, but slightly modified and changed around a tad. The detail and paint on her dress is very good, but something with her hands irks me a bit. They just seem very much like they couldn't hold stuff. Still, it bares a decent resemblance to Liv tyler. Decent figure.

Coronation Gimli- This is basically the outfit Gimli wore at the end of ROTK. Once again, the detail is amazing and his beard is very nicely done. TB has definately gotten better over the years with their paint apps and detailing. I do like how he has two axes with him. Hell, maybe just in case the coronation is ambushed by orcs?

FOTR wave 3 (minus Lurtz, get to that in a few)

King Elendil- awesome awesome figure. His armor and outfit are dead on with the flick and the sword, holy crap, if one were to have it packed perfectly vertical with the bubble, it would stretch across i'd say at least 75% of it. The helmet is also very cool and overall, i'm very pleased with the figure.

Elrond of rivendell- This figure is pretty much the weakiest of the bunch, but it's still great. He comes in his Council Robes and his "Neverending story" inspired Tierra. his arms are ready for beckoning and counciling...and not much else. Very good looking figure, but not much you can do with him. Still, i like'em.

Gil-Galad- this is definately one of those "blink and you'll miss him" figures as he's only in Fellowship for a few seconds, but is discussed much more in the novel. The paint and detail on his armor once again is awesome and proves TB's strenghts are in their character design and accessories. He comes with his trusty spear, an elven shield (very cool accessory!) and a face that looks like he's taking a huge steamer. i don't know whether to cheer him on to certain doom or to pass him a paper to pass the time. Still, great to have him.

birthday bilbo- well, you wanted the old drunk hobbit, you got him!! but there isn't much to him. He comes with a barrel he can stand on and deliver lines to confuse hobbits ( I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!). his face is kinda iffy and i can't tell if the ring is visible on him, but i dont' think it's on his hands anywhere.

Moria Orc Archer- Alright, this is probably the best orc figure to date. This guy looks EXACTLY like the Moria orc archer that legolas dispatches with that arrow through the nogan. His face looks AWESOME as he has those huge green eyes and that scowling look on it. The detail and paint are all very well done too. he comes with 3 arrows for Fellowship attacking fun!!

Now, onto the box sets. I won't review the repacks just the new figures:

Coronation- the new Eowyn and faramir are awesome figures and i wish they would get a single carded release. Eowyn, once again, has the same body as Galadriel, but her gown is huge and the detail on it looks painful. the neck is kinda funky and it has a very good resemblance to Mirando Otto, but she looks angry. It's a happy day, dammit, smile, Eowyn!! Faramir is by far my favorite as his outfit looks SUPERB and the likeness to the actor (whose name eludes me) is excellent. His Gondorian armor is very well done and his little cap thing is pretty much the same as King Aragorns. I'm always happy to get characters in their native armor, so this figure is a huge plus. The rest are repacks, but i still love this set.

Black gates of Mordor- this is my FAVORITE piece of the shipment for one simple delicious reason: THE MOUTH OF SAURON. Holy crap. After i got everything unpacked, this was the FIRST thing i wanted to see. He looks AWESOME. The horse has this really spikey armor on it and it looks very evil. The MoS himself looks like one scary mutha and just seeing him makes you ache for the scene of him in the EE. I'd say up the road, TB will give him a single carded release or a set like the Ringwraiths and horses. I don't know, i just think that he'll be very popular after the EE comes out in December. This set is A MUST HAVE simply for the fthis figure and horse alone.

on to Lurtz- TB had originally decided to include him in the basic assortment, but very few cases have had him. I won't say the word "chase" or anything as i don't think its the case. I found an online site that had him cheap and pre-ordered him there. I'm pretty sure it's just a rehash, but i wouldn't mind having him single carded. He looks really nice in that bubble!!

anyway, there you have it. I am VERY pleased with these lines and i'm giddy for the future of LOTR from TB. feel free to post any questions/comments. Thanks. Cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Faramir is by far my favorite as his outfit looks SUPERB and the likeness to the actor (whose name eludes me)...
    David Wenham
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Thanks for the info, TL.

thanks to Amazon and its quick availabilty, i was able to pick up the Trilogy carded Lurtz. From what i can tell, it's pretty much a straight repack from the two pack release from FOTR. However, he does look really good in that bubble as he's a huge figure and packs it out nicely. I got the version "with arrows" too.

Hope everybody can snag one!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I don't collect this line, but I did see a case of these at Suncoast today -

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    FOTR wave 3 - King Elendil, Elrond of rivendell, Gil-Galad, birthday bilbo, Moria Orc Archer

Yeah...my Suncoast too, but I only saw Elrond, Birthday Bilbo & Elendil.

Does anyone know of a really nice website with an AOME guide? I can't figure out who gets a few of my weapons & stands and I can't get many good close up detailed shots.

Found Birthday Bilbo, Orc archer, Elrond, Gil-galad & KIng Elendil at a local Toys R Us. Does anyone know...is Peter Jackson chase figure part of this assortment?