Page 173 of 188 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1874

Re: Lord of the Rings figures

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran
    the NECA Balrog is coming (as long as there are enough preorders)! supposedly around Dec. 20 of this year and with a retail price of 119.99

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=340
    So why cant NECA say what would be considered "enough?" I think some people are holding off on preordering one simply because they dont know whether its a go or not.

On the Toybiz figure front, im still seeing the same old figures whenever i check, which is becoming few and far between. I think the way this line is progressing towards its death is proof that children do indeed dicatate a large amount of a toylines life. I doubt many kids are asking mom for that Bday Bilbo that seems to be everywhere.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

The Balrog seems to be given the thumbs up. Im glad to finally hear something concrete about it.

Yesterday i found some Epic Trilogy figures at the TRU i visited. Unfortunately the only one i wanted (the Eye of Sauron) was nowhere to be seen. But i was happy to see that something new had trickled into the city.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Three posts in a row, is anybody else still collecting this line or is this going to turn into a copy of my "Omaha" thread in the "Just Found" section prior to msjedi joining SSG? (For those of you who arent aware of that thread, it basically started out as me talking to myself for quite some time.) I finally found some new figures at a TRU. I managed to get the Eye of Sauron that had been eluding me for some time, plus i got a Gondorian to go along with the one Luuuuuuke had sent me. Another shocking thing was that there were at least six pegs that were filled with Epic trilogy wave 1 figures, could this line be experiencing a retailer revival? Im hoping so, but the Frodos that come in the wave are telling me otherwise.

I've not really seen anything new lately. TRU looks like they may have put out another case of the trilogy figures, but they were ones I already had. I'm not as hard core about it as I am with Star Wars, especially since I spend so much on Star Wars. Plus, it's harder to find info on the figs. Sometimes I'll see a new figure, but often it's just a repack. Then I can't recall if I got the original. Even if I didn't get the original, I may have one similar enough to it that I don't need to get it. This is usually the case with all the various Legolas and Aragorn figures. That Green Dragon website was helpful, but I don't have that info with me when I am in the stores. I usually just take a quick look at the LOTR figs after I look at the Star Wars figures.

LOTR Drawing To A Close?

Looks like this line is history. The big rumor is that Toy Biz didn't renew the license for '06, and orders are being cancelled for the upcoming lines. Epic Trilogy 2 is going to be tough to find, if we can even find it at all. Check out this ebay auction for the Eowyn figure from Wave 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Lord-Of-The-...QQcmdZViewItem

Crazy.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Re: LOTR Drawing To A Close?

Im glad that its over, i just wish Toybiz would produce a sizable amount of Epic Trilogy 2 figures so that we collectors wont have to break our bank accounts in order to get these last couple of figures. I only want Eowyn and the Orc, but ive got a feeling they are going to be difficult to obtain.

Re: LOTR Drawing To A Close?

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Im glad that its over, i just wish Toybiz would produce a sizable amount of Epic Trilogy 2 figures so that we collectors wont have to break our bank accounts in order to get these last couple of figures. I only want Eowyn and the Orc, but ive got a feeling they are going to be difficult to obtain.
    I know. Still no sign of them at TRU (the only chain left still carrying them)...doesn't look good.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Received my Epic Trilogy Wave 2 in the mail today. The packaging was U.S., not bilingual.The Orc Lieutenant kicks ***. Wish I could get my hands on another one so I could open it...we'll see. Eowyn is a pretty cool figure, and the Morgul Witchking with Flaming Sword is a figure that every LOTR fan will want. Hopefully they will make it to the U.S. shelves in some form or fashion.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

my local KB got in some trilogy figures...i saw Gamling, Shelob, Gil Gilad, Elendil, Coronation Arwen, Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai, Coro Gimli, Gondor Captain Boromir. who knows, they might continue to get other waves as well.

So with the lines upcoming end, what all are figures are you guys missing out on? Im still after Theodred, the Citadel Guard, and the Mouth of Sauron. Once ive got those three (and the two from Epic Trilogy 2 that im after) i will be all caught up.