Page 178 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1874

12" Boromir - Sideshow

The third figure in Sideshow's 12" LOTR line is apparently going to be Boromir
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Just saved me $70.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not a fan of Boromir JT? I liked the character myself and think the figure's likeness is spot-on.

Here is a bigger picture of Boromir Sideshow put up. I wonder what the Exclusive will be? The horn of Gondor would be cool.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I'm not a fan enough to buy merchandise of him, his character was what he was in the movie and I have no particular distaste for that, but I'm very selective about which LOTR merchandise I buy.

If the horn of Gondor is the exclusive accessory, I suspect a lot of collectors will crap their pants in anger.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So you suppose with the next figure being Borimor, do you think Sideshow is going for all the figures in the Fellowship of the Ring first in the LOTR 12" line? So far they all have the Lothlorien Elven cloaks. I suppose that even though Borimor is not even close to my favorite character, I will have to buy him as one of a possible complete fellowship. I was hoping Gandalf the Gray would be next.

I get depressed whenever i see an email from this thread on my Hotmail account. My face lights up as i see the LOTR thread has gotten a response, only to realize that its content is probably geared towards the NECA figures as opposed to the Toybiz ones i collected. Then i get sad and delete it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

You have to accept that it's over, Toy Biz is grinding to a halt and has killed the LOTR line. It sucks, I know.

Don't the thread response emails have part of the post in them?

Yup ToyBiz/LOTR's days are done, and ToyBiz/Marvel's days are numbered...

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    I get depressed whenever i see an email from this thread on my Hotmail account. My face lights up as i see the LOTR thread has gotten a response, only to realize that its content is probably geared towards the NECA figures as opposed to the Toybiz ones i collected. Then i get sad and delete it.
    Actually, it seems that Sideshow has taken more of the spotlight in this thread lately with their 12" line. Speaking of which, I ordered the exclusive Boromir today. Not my first choice for a character, but he looks pretty sweet in the pics over at sideshow.com. I'm really hoping the next one is an Orc or Uruk Hai, but I doubt it for some reason...

I have to say that for some reason these 12" LOTR figures seem more impressive to me than the Star Wars line so far. Although it may be a bit unfair to compare the two lines so early in the game.

I just don't understand why the LOTR sideshow figs are in the $60's

Maybe not for Boromir...but I understand the high price tags with the quality of the figures and the number of accessories...along with the limited number (which I DO NOT prefer). It does stand to reason...but I do wish they would make more so that the prices would drop.

On the other hand...these figures are not selling all that well...so making even more of them may not be reasonable.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.