Page 185 of 188 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1874
    When the hell are they going to get to Gandalf with this line?!? This ain't like Vader or the other SW armored figures where the materials and designs are in the way, it's just an old guy with some simple clothes and accessories!!!

In LOTR collecting news, on Dec 31st my remaining $50 in Sideshow gift card money was expiring, so I bought the 1/4 scaled crown of the king of the dead with it (it was $40 actually). This is a nice piece, all-metal with a good deco and shape. The stand is nice and simple, it works well without saying "look at me!" I wonder if these would fit on the Premium Format figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Glad you like the crown JT. I have Gimli's, Sam and Frodo's Orc Helms from SS's scaled line. Love em!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Why is it that I have to hear about 12" Gandalf the Gray in the SSG forums this morning hours after PPO has started? Damn I hate Sideshow when they do this crap! And it's $90, that's ridiculous! It comes with a really small number of accessories, the SE is kinda meh, and the edition size is TBD. But worst of all, I don't think the likeness is "there" yet. Still, I preordered now because I can always cancel later, but I can't always buy in later.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

ha, I was just looking at that gandalf figure and thinking damn the figure, I just want that miniature of Balin's 'journal' how cool!

I'm thinking Sideshow are starting too make a lot of fans feel not too appreciated lately. I've been singing their praises for years (ever since the first 12" Frankenstein,) but even I'm starting to wonder about some of their sales practices. It's not like their figures aren't hard enough to get a hold of as it is, now they're not even telling us when their pre-orders are going live anymore. If I hadn't managed to get in on Gandalf, I would've been really peeved. It would've made my whole Sideshow LOTR collection seem rather pointless not being able to own the whole Fellowship. All this besides the fact that it's just been figure after figure lately what with Indy going live on the same day (and looks like they're starting to creep up in price closer to the much more expensive import figures!) I'm afraid I may have start being much more selective with the figures I buy. As it is I'm going to have to pass on the new General Obi-Wan. My bank account just can't handle all those big-ticket items at once.

The reason I didn't pre-order Gandalf this time is as JT said the likeness just is not "there" or even close in my opinion. They're going to have to do a better job than that. Of course they might tweak the likeness by production. But if the prototype doesn't look good, chances are the production one will be worse, if we go by SS's track record.
    I decided my money was going on Obi-Wan this week, which I think Gandalf as shown can't even compete.

I can always get a Gandalf when they show up later at retail or even down the road further.

I totally agree with Roojay, this "no-look" preorder crap ensuring SEs are gone by the time anybody gets there is incredibly rude to loyal customers. The idea that I'm supposed to wait around your site for something to maybe happen is insulting, as if I don't have a thousand and one better things to do with my time, including working several hours to pay for your ridiculously overpriced baubles.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I totally agree with Roojay, this "no-look" preorder crap ensuring SEs are gone by the time anybody gets there is incredibly rude to loyal customers. The idea that I'm supposed to wait around your site for something to maybe happen is insulting, as if I don't have a thousand and one better things to do with my time, including working several hours to pay for your ridiculously overpriced baubles.
    (Great to see we finally agree on something!)

While we're on the subject - I've never been happy with the whole pre-order process to begin with. I feel like I'm in a relatively unique situation in that I work graveyard shifts, meaning that in order to buy these things when they usually offer them (10am to noon on Thursdays or Fridays) I have to either lose sleep or else arrange for someone else to order them for me. I can't imagine how inconvenient it is for those other collectors have actually have to be at work during that time and don't have access to their site! I don't suppose they could ever be bothered to take pre-orders at a time when people are actually home?

Got the email that 12" Gandalf s coming in 10-12 days. Perfectly timed, no previous notice, no 20-day notice they claim they always use, so I'm just thrilled to have to scramble yet again. I'm sure another Sideshow figure I preordered will be bombing on me 2 days later as well, with even less advance notice.

But hey - the good news is that Gandalf is finally coming! Personally, I'm more or less caught up with just about every other line I collect (except for the new GI Joes) so he's coming at a good time for me.