Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1874
    Yeah, totally, it'll be great to finally have it. I just wish it wasn't SUCH a surprise that I have to worry about whether I can afford it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got my 12" Sideshow Gandalf the Grey, very nice, reviewed it in the sideshow LOTR thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...774#post645774
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

alright, so it looks like THE HOBBIT movie is finally happening. So, since Toybiz is sadly dead (or I think they're now Marvel Toys?!?), who would you like to see pick up a line for this flick? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 10-25-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Neca would be my 1st choice, def. not Playmates after the Star Trek debacle.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Neca does nice sculpts, but I demand playability and enormous variety in my LOTR figures. Hasbro is the only company that I think can presently offer that, though I should think it goes without saying that I'll be wanting them to pick up the license for the original trilogy as well.

...That is the important question, what size? Do they continue with the 6" figures for all those people who have bought almost everything LOTR Toy Biz made and is a popular size for Neca and others like Diamond Comics Star Trek, or do they go for the more popular 3.75 which is Hasbro's trademark size of Star Wars and Gi Joe?

I'm one of those who bought almost every 6" LOTR figure, but I almost wish I would have opted for the AOME size because of the playsets. Which going for the 3.75 size we might get some more toys like playsets besides just figures. Of course we all know how that turned out for Star Trek Playmates when they tried to jump on that bandwagon, so the point of 3.75 maybe mute.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of most of my LOTR figures. I'd probably just keep the main characters, a couple of the gift packs, and the 12 inch figures. I opened most of the first ones in the large green packaging, and a few of the Two Towers packaging as well. Everything else is still carded.

Got to be 3 3/4" (since they for sure won't be by Toy-Biz, they're not going to be a match in style anyway) so we'll be more likely to see more of the larger characters, and they'll be able to produce them much closer to the appropriate scale. Not to mention the possibility of playsets and smaller diorama pieces, and the reality that there's probably not any company out there that's going to produce any decent variety in larger scales. If we get them in six inch scale or larger, I sincerely doubt any toy company would put out more than the basic characters, and most of the six inch scale collectors already have those. Besides, the smaller scale takes up so much less space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting rid of most of my LOTR figures. I'd probably just keep the main characters, a couple of the gift packs, and the 12 inch figures. I opened most of the first ones in the large green packaging, and a few of the Two Towers packaging as well. Everything else is still carded.
    I have them all, including the gift packs give or take a few htf single figures, but most of them are still in their packages. Too dang big to display. I'll probably end up getting rid of most of them and keep the giant Neca Balrog and the electronic "You shall not pass!" Gandalf for some kind of diorama...or not. heck got no room but it's a cool thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Got to be 3 3/4" (since they for sure won't be by Toy-Biz, they're not going to be a match in style anyway) so we'll be more likely to see more of the larger characters, and they'll be able to produce them much closer to the appropriate scale. Not to mention the possibility of playsets and smaller diorama pieces, and the reality that there's probably not any company out there that's going to produce any decent variety in larger scales. If we get them in six inch scale or larger, I sincerely doubt any toy company would put out more than the basic characters, and most of the six inch scale collectors already have those. Besides, the smaller scale takes up so much less space.
    These days when putting out a lot of plastic no one will buy is risky. Though even 3 3/4 is a waste if the movie sucks like Airbender and Prince of Persia. (most of the buyers for POP were military collectors looking for terrorists or Indy collectors looking for middle eastern types I suspect)

It's doubtful that the Hobbit will be a failure and I think no matter what size they do it will do relatively well.
    They could do multiple sizes like Zizzle and Neca did for POTC figures. We got a giant Black Pearl ship out of that deal.

The Toy Biz LOTR figures were just too big for me to collect and I never bought that many of them. So, I'm hoping they restart the line in the 3.75" format.

However, the only thing that really has me excited about the possibilities of a Hobbit toy line is the potential for army-building Dwarfs. So, with that in mind, maybe a continuation of the 6" scale wouldn't be a big problem.

Although, most likely, whichever company acquires the license is going to figure out the most cost-effective way to produce Smaug and then scale the line according to that.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis