Page 187 of 188 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1874
    I feel pretty sorry for all the LOTR collectors. I saw the Hobbit figures and actually paid some attention to them for the first time the other day. They're not only much smaller, but they look like carp. They could've at least kept them in the larger size for the sake of continuity with the previous toyline.

I got a few scattered LOTR figures, but no way will I get any of these abominations.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Actually, I think I prefer the smaller Hobbit figures to the larger LOTR figures. I kind of wish I hadn't gotten all of those LOTR figures. I did get some of the Hobbit figures, but so far I have only seen them at K-Mart. I don't know what plans they have for further figures.

I've got all but a couple of the Hobbit 2-packs. I think they're pretty amazing, especially for coming from a company new to the action figure game! I also definitely prefer the smaller size, and I can't imagine as how coming from a completely different company these should've been expected to be in the same scale as the LOTR figures ToyBiz put out. Although there is also a small line of six inch scale figures as well. The target audience for these things is not likely to remember, or even to have seen the LOTR figures. Besides, my sincere hope is that this leads to an all new line of 3 3/4" scale LOTR figures. That's what I've wanted from the beginning. If only Bridge Direct could hop to it and start producing some new product!

I wanted to like the Hobbit figures much more than I did. I hope that next year's assortments are better.

I'm surprised to hear anything positive about this line, it looks really chintzy in the sculpting and molding and paint, very simple and disappointing execution every time I look at them. The 6" line also seems very bulky and not up to the standards of the day, not even ot the standards of the Toy Biz LOTR line which it should have tried to emulate since that collector-themed line had legs and this line is dying on the pegs. Nobody looks recognizable in package. It seems like a kid-grab with collector pricing, but it also seems like the chinese factory probably is one of Hasbro's vendors and trying to borrow that type of design without the level of checks and balances that Hasbro demands.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All the figures strike me as soon to be readily available on the Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    All the figures strike me as soon to be readily available on the Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls circuit.
    Ditto that!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Let's not forget, the early waves of Toybiz FOTR did not exactly fly off shelves and were marred by action gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Let's not forget, the early waves of Toybiz FOTR did not exactly fly off shelves and were marred by action gimmicks.
    Queue robot voice: "That equals truth."

Hopefully, the execution of the Tolkein figures improves to Toybiz quality, though those halcyon days sadly seem to be irrepeatably a part of the past.

I'm surprised to hear anything bad about the line. I fully expected them to be trash - particularly given that they were coming from a company with no real proven track record with action figures. Once I had them in hand, I was very pleasantly surprised. I find them to be nearly on par with Star Wars Vintage, or at least far closer than expected, and I definitely see them as being of a higher quality than the majority of Marvle Universe figures. The packaging is sort of bland and uninspiring, so they don't really pop on the shelves as much as they could, but the figures themselves are really well done, in my opinion. I was especially surprised at the level and design of the articulation. They seem to be a hit in my area - the TRU nearest me sold out within a week, and the TRU closest to my job received much more product and is now nearly sold out as well. I'm actually having trouble finding the last three pieces I need (I'd rather not resort to buying them online if I can avoid it.)