Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Captain Typho's uncle is Captain Panaka!!!

And I'm not kidding according to Homing Beacon #47!!! If you havent read the article on Jay Laga'aia here is the proof!:

Typho follows the tradition of his uncle, Captain Panaka, in guarding Padmé Amidala's safety.

Although who couldn't see this happening Oh boy what next?

Thoughts and opinions?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I sure hope not.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I really don't see this as a big problem, Panaka and Typho are relatively minor characters in the prequels and virtual nobodies when you look at the entire saga. Although I do think Typho looks much cooler than Panaka, it's the eye-patch.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Next, we'll learn that Typho is Lando's father... oh the shame of it all! I just realize that I now have to put "just kidding" here because it is not hard to believe that Lucas is capable of this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

so what, who cares if he's his uncle! I'm sure Lucas planned on using Panaka as Padme's bodyguard throughout the trilogy, but when what's his name quit, Lucas had to go another route!
    Being a dark film, maybe Lucas wanted to surround padme with as many friends/confidents as possible, and show the strength of those friendships! However, with what's his name quitting, now instead of Padme's confidence with just Panaka it will be a relationship of confidence with his family! Just because something Lucas does maybe mundane or repetitious, doesn't mean there isn't a method to his madness! After all isn't this what Star Wars is all about: friendship, hope, family, faith and love!

Originally posted by bigbarada
    IAlthough I do think Typho looks much cooler than Panaka, it's the eye-patch.
    Girls like the eye-patch,just like they love the car
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

If I'm not mistaken, Lucas HAD planned to use Hugh Quarshe (I think that's his name) as Panaka throughout 1-3, but he quit, and Lucas needed someone else. This Uncle connection just ties up that loose end I guess. Its not that big of a deal.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    If I'm not mistaken, Lucas HAD planned to use Hugh Quarshe (I think that's his name) as Panaka throughout 1-3, but he quit, and Lucas needed someone else. This Uncle connection just ties up that loose end I guess. Its not that big of a deal.
    That makes it sound much better...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    What I don't get is why the heck would anybody not want to be in another Star Wars movie.

Yeah I think that's what I said! //

Hmmm why would anyone in there right mind not want to be in SW movie?!! I have no idea, but maybe stereotyping I guess!