Question IG88 differences...

I was going through some of our loose vintage figs and noticed that 2 of our loose IG88 figs look silver-grey and the third loose one looks plain grey...was there a paint change? Maybe one was left out in the sun? Anyone else see this?
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Exclamation

Yes. The IG-88 I had as a kid was the dull grey (gray?), and I had to replace it when somehow his arm was broken at the elbow; the replacement was also gray (grey?). I heard of the "variant" silver one, and I saw one at a shop for $6 or so, so I picked it up. I believe there was a paint change. I do not consider it a true variant, just a slightly different color.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Gray Grey LOL...dang cold medicine Thanks for clearing that up...glad to know my eye sight was slipping!

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

http://www.toysrgus.com/textf/all-figs.html

this is a list of ALL known kenner vintage 3 3/4" variations

Ig88 is listed as grey first, then silver as a paint variation but I think it depends upon what each collector themselves consider what a variation is! Like BCJ said above, he doesn't consider it one and I myself really don't care about variations either unless they are big ones like telescoping lightsabers and vinyl cape jawas

scroll down to ESB series III

Hope this helps
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

We arent big variation hounds either but I was i was curious about the IG88 because after all these years of having these figs I never noticed. Thanks very much "building block of life".

Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
    Thanks very much "building block of life".
    hehe, that's funny! I just got up and it took me a sec to get that and now I'm all a chuckles

BTW, after all these years, does he have "the smell", that lovely kenner vintage figure plastic smell???

Besides the difference in lustre and hue, these two IG-88s have two different head sculpts too, so this might be considered a legitimate (gasp!) variation. You can see this variation by clicking on the IG-88 link on this page: http://www.artoosnews.com/vintage/
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

Good call stormie!

Let me get back with you on that after my cold goes away. LOL I can see it now...I'm in our SW room with some of our loose vintage figs out snorting and sniffing all over them and my husband walks in..now how am I supposed to explain that??