R2D2's Special After the TV Premier

This was pretty funny. I hope he gets under control as I wouldn't want R2 to renig on his contract to do Episode 3.

It is sad that he's type-cast as an astromech droid though. But I suppose it's better than working as an ash can to get through college, like he was when Lucas discovered him.

As fans, I thought maybe we could take up a collection to send him to Betty Ford?

Re: R2D2's Special After the TV Premier

Originally posted by Tycho

As fans, I thought maybe we could take up a collection to send him to Betty Ford?
    As a fan, I'd like to go knock back a few with him. Wonder what his favorite drink is?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I thought it was fun, but I wish this had been like 30 or even 60 mins long instead of 5, there's little chance I'm gonna waste my 56k connection time downloading a huge video off sw.com that's still not gonna be good quality picture.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking

It was hilarious! I loved the pics they showed of Artoo in "Saving Private Ryan" and "face-painted" in the late 60s! I also liked the interviews with the various STAR WARS cast and crew (what's up with Carrie Fisher's voice???). It was also kinda nice because they had interviews with Ewan, Natalie and Hayden- during those bits you also got a chance to see some of the sets for AOTC!

Chances are... this will end up on the OT DVDs when they finally arrive.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    (what's up with Carrie Fisher's voice???)
    One too many Marlboros.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

Originally posted by Fixer

One too many Marlboros.
    change "marlboros" to "drinks" or "pills"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

She's been known to hit the sauce and the pills pretty hard back in the day.

I wish I had seen the sneak peak though. I was flipping back and forth between the game and the movie, but towards the end of the game, I couldn't switch back.

Is it worth downloading when it comes out?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I thought it was pretty ironic that Carrie Fisher would suggest to R2 that [i[he[/i] needed to get on Prozac.

Fulit, I think R2's favorite drink would be a ... screwdriver.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas