Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i for one am glad its not a larger scale set. i really, really like what lego has done here with the mini sets.
    i don't have the money it takes to support a "hardcore" lego habit, and neither do most kids or kids parents. not to mention that system sets aren't usually as nice as they "should" be.
    anyways, i see stuff like this in pluses and minuses. here are my "two cents".

PLUSES: this gives everyone a chance to build a fleet of these things for relativley cheap, if they can find enough of em on the pegs or sideclips that is. its not another SSD or RBR that only people with lots of loot can afford.

MINUSES: don't see any right now...two thumbs way up!. ask me later though
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

look every one,
    if u went to the link i posted above at my last reply and went there and read it, you would see that this japanese guy clearly states that " the large impressive at-at" would go for around $120, geese people i know what i read, please check it out, and please don't reply saying it's the mini scale one

neonblade

I have to agree with neonblade. I went to the link he suggested and he is right. From what I remember the guy does say that it was going for around $120 to $200. He THINKS. He doesn't know.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Thank you jangu fett,

I appreciate every one's attention to this thread, and hope you will give any new info on the at-at

Exclamation Re: 2003!!! IS bringing more then we thought!!!

I also agree with Neonblade as I went to that link myself and I thought it was pretty clear that the guy at the LUGNET website was talking about a large System scale AT-AT set and that the price for it were 23000.00 Yen or as that guy thought at around $120.00 to $200.00.

If my buddy and I haven’t calculated totally wrong 23000.00 Yen is around $190.00.

I’ve heard and seen talk about this price thing and that LEGO were supposed to be more expensive in Japan, that might be the case but I don’t know, but to me the price of $190.00 makes sense as I think a System scale AT-AT set would be in that price range due to size.

That’s my 2c on this topic once again.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

but... the mini AT AT seems to be happening, and that is a bit more exciting to me.
    sets i can afford are better than sets i can't afford.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I don't remember them on any Alpha Team sets, but I do remember them on the Anakin speeder (now that you mentioned it ). I highly doubt they'll use a standard technic rod for these sets though, I predict them using black technic plugs (the ones with high friction) for these MINIs.

Sweden, good call, I totally spaced those other sets, I'd be real surprised if 4483 wasn't the MINI AT-AT though. I can't see the expensive 4482 AT-TE being a lead-up to a more expensive vehicle of similar name and build.

There's a really cool custom System Hailfire droid in the Lego Club magazine this month as part of the Geonosis Arena custom diorama they made, the wheels are those half-technic/half-clicky pieces, it looks really cool.

I also would like a much larger AT-AT than something like the Falcon, but I'm not sure most would be willing to pay it, so they might have to go a little Jack Stone with the design to sell it to average buyers.

Originally posted by neonblade
    if u went to the link i posted above at my last reply and went there and read it, you would see that this japanese guy clearly states that " the large impressive at-at" would go for around $120, geese people i know what i read, please check it out
    What link? This thread has no links at all. It seems so easy to mistake the 4482 AT-TE at a glance with an AT-AT, the AT-TE is quite impressive for a LEGO SW walker.

UPDATE - Ah, it's a non-link, it was a mention of Lugnet's site but not linked, I see it now. Also, the guy says it was 23,000 yen which he thinks translates to $120-200, but it's actually $188 - if the sign said 2,300 yen, that'd be only 18 bucks, a lot closer to the price of the MINI AT-AT. There's also anonymous photos of the show itself that supposedly show no big AT-AT present at the Lego display.

Ultimately, I don't know for sure either way, but I'm not expecting to see a system AT-AT when I get to Toy Fair in 3 months.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Re: 2003!!! IS bringing more then we thought!!!

fourtwo, I get your point but trust me when I say I’ll be on bread and water for a while...

Because I will after this...

JediTricks, we’ll see in the near future wether there’s going to be one or not...

It’d be nice though...

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

Thanks every one for the replys,

as you all know, the at-at is almost %90 that it will be a set, but what about others? over at fbtb, there is a lego officla named tim who gives us hints and rymes to teasse lego fans, here's his one for the rest of the lego sets coming a little later in 2003,

"Three announcements yet to come
    One to leave you curious
    One to leave you thrilled
    The last to leave you stunned"

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fthefbtbco...cID=3209.topic
    I hope u can to the link above, it is the thread from the lego tim,
    good luck,

neonblade

He also said that on Monday, he'll tells us the news. 4 days to go. Is anyone else drooling?????
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!