Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I started this book, got annoyed, and stopped. It was boring the crap out of me. Anyway, what happens to Depa?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Red face Lecture, lecture

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I started this book, got annoyed, and stopped. It was boring the crap out of me. Anyway, what happens to Depa?
    Well. If you don't finish your books, no spoilers for you! There are fans starving for info in the Jutland Wastes. I'm not going to tell you. Someday, you'll thank me for this. When I was your age...

BTW, the book gets going about 100 pages in; try picking up from there. Depa doesn't even show up until about 300 pages in. Remember, it's Mace's book, after all.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yup, JabbaJohnL., read this one! It gets good!

I am at the part where the Balawai gunships track Mace to the caves as he's about to fight Kar Vastor a 2nd time. This book has gotten so good!

I too found it hard to gain interest when the whole of Harun Kal seemed a dreary place I wanted to escape in, not "live in" while I went with Mace on his adventure.

About the time he decides to save the kids from the steamcrawler in the lava flow was when I suddenly picked up hope that this was going to turn out great.

Mace's character really started to grow on me from that decision of his, and thereon afterwards.

Now he is getting as interesting as Anakin and Obi-Wan and I dread Mace being taken away from us in the prequels!

Anyway, I will come back to this thread when I finish the book. But I strongly urge people to read it.

I'm deeply pondering the differences between law enforcement and war...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I finished this awhile ago,excellent book.Some complained it was a little slow in the beginning but it really didnt take away.The only problem I have was Depa wasn't really developed.She acts like she is bi-polar or has some other mental illness and you really dont get to understand her point of view.

On the other hand,nice to see 'cussing' in a SW book instead of "Sithspit" or "Emperors Black Bones"!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Re: Star Wars: Shatterpoint (merged thread)

I'm re-reading this and loving it. I can't put it down!

Shatterpoint delivers. I've become part of the darkness in the jungle!