Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Star Wars: Shatterpoint

just announced at the official site:

Del Rey Books will begin its Clone War coverage with Star Wars: Shatterpoint, a hardcover novel featuring Mace Windu by Matthew Stover due out in 2003. More Clone War novels and audio books are planned in both paperback and hardcover to be released over the next few years. Just announced is author William Dietz, who will be writing a stand-alone Clone War paperback novel due out in 2004.

I'll definitely be getting this book, I loved reading The Approaching Storm before Attack of the Clones, it gave me some nice information on the seperatist movement
    Is anyone else excited about this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shatterpoint_bg.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	4487  

It looks interesting. Mace needs his character fleshed out some more. As some predict, he's going behind the backs of the Jedi High Council and up to something - possibly an unsanctioned mission with Dooku to infiltrate the Sith. At least that's my theory.

When Yoda said "too sure of themselves. A trend more and more common even with the older, more experienced Jedi," I don't think he was talking about Obi-Wan. I think he was hinting that he knew about Mace.

I'm sure only Episode 3 will cover that, and this book won't. However, Depa Billaba, who has a unique relationship with Mace can be seen on the cover's background (she has the facial piercings). Here is a chance to get into their heads and learn about these yet undeveloped Council Members.

I'm sure that even were my 'secret mission' prediction true for Mace, this story will take him on an unexpected side trip adventure during the Clone Wars, and I can only hope it drops a few hints as to his role in Episode 3.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Shatterpoint

What? Is there no Shatterpoint thread yet? Maybe I missed it. If so, go ahead and combine them, if not...

I haven't bought this yet because I'm trying to go as spoiler free as possible for Episode III. I almost tripped over articles at Dark Horizons a couple of times, but I stopped myself in time. So to anyone that has read/is reading this. Is it safe to read if I don't want to know anything about what's in store? And I mean ANYTHING. I think I may buy it (and any other Clone Wars book) and just wait until III hits theatres before reading them.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

They had a stack of them when I went into Borders yesterday. Maybe they put it out early.

HoLY CRAP!!! I HAVE TO GO THEN AND GET ONE!!!

WELL, OKAY THEN!!! HURRY!!!

I forgot it had come out too. I'll probably get it Fri.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Combine. ( I KNEW there was a Shatterpoint thread...)

Staying spolier free might be tough on that one.

On the inside cover thay have a Clone Wars timeline and who (Del Ray, or Dark Horse, or whoever) are going to tell some major/important battles that take place between Ep. II and Ep. III.

I really don't think, and partially doubt that GL will pay much attention to these upcoming books, and I don't think Lucasarts will let much slip out about the real movie. I think these will just be war stories that help to define anakin and obi wan as clone war heroes/pilots/friends/ and jedi and how the galaxy spun outta control and the jedi crumbled.

But you're going to have to avoid a lot of up coming books...and you might have more questions than answers once Ep III hits the big screen.