Hybrid View

building Millenium Falcon

I own a Millenium Falcon lego set. I'm having trouble keeping it together. Do you know how to keep it together?

Our Falcon stands up quite well and I can only guess why yours would be falling apart. Could it be that you did not press the bricks firmly in the areas that you're having a problem with?

Last resort would be to use glue, but I wouldn't even recommend that unless you intend to keep it that way forever.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Thanks for your help. I didn't explain the situation too well. Our falcon sets up just fine on the posts, the problem comes when we play with it. We've braced several areas, but the area under the exit doors is where our trouble lies. It appears that the only area where you can add support is the hinge area that is needed to open the doors. Any ideas? Thanks for your time. Karen

So what comes off, the bording ramp and/or escape pod ramp? I haven't had trouble with either of those because both have plates that go above the hinge brick and also above regular bricks on the ramp to hold it in place. Is it possible the top plates aren't firm against the hinge bricks and the ramp bricks?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hi Triks,
    Both the ramps come off but it is usually the bording ramp since I don't use the escape one offten. The plates are connected with the ramp firmly, but that is the problem. when I go and push down on the ramp or up on the ramp it pries the plate(s) up with it. Probably because it lost such a big part the whole ship starts to come apart while I am trying to put it back together.

Hmm, that's a toughy, I think I know what you're saying, but it's not that common for me so I don't deal with it m'self. Usually, I just kinda grunt and push the ramp plate back to the hinge plate, you might wanna try using another style of hinge or even just opening and closing the ramp from the point furthest from the main hinge. I'll have to give this more thought.

EDIT: I looked at mine right after I typed the above and it's actually pretty solid where the ramps meet the center of the ship. The main body plates above and below the hinges are held in place by other parts that hold these 2 together which keeps the hinges from prying everything apart.

Is it possible that you didn't build this area correctly? It happens to the best of us from time to time, you may wanna check and even bulk this section up if it IS right.

Is it possible that you put the hinges in backwards? This can cause problems like what you're describing, the hinges are definitely not reversable in some sets.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It loooks great on display, so why play with it?
    "So I says to him, I says..."

Because it's got lots of fun stuff to play with.

Because Lego is a toy and meant to be enjoyed as such.

Because it's not that visually accurate.