Introducing myself

Hi!

I want to introduce myself. I'm Ben, and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was born in 1977. The first movie my dad saw after I was born was Star Wars and he loved it. I saw Empire and Jedi in the theater with my dad. I was too little to remember much of Empire except hiding when the Wampa showed up. My first Star Wars toys were an R2-D2 and Yoda on Dagobah.

I'm on the Internet all the time and I read a lot of forums - although I mostly hang out on rebelscum.com. I tend to lurk instead of posting because I don't have as much time to collect and I'm not as knowledgeable as most fans. I did read the Heir to the Empire books and many of the other novels, but besides the recent Star Wars Legacy and Kotor comics I haven't kept up as much. My daughter can tell you way more about the Clone Wars than I can, and she's five.

That doesn't mean I don't know anything. I've been a big fan of all the various Jedi in the movies and the expanded universe. R2-D2 is still my favorite character, but Yoda, the Jedi, and Skippy the Jedi droid are close seconds. At Celebration III I got to spend part of my birthday getting my picture taken with all of the Jedi actors there. I even partied with the Jensen twins later that night.

I recently helped launch a new company called the Restori Group. We're a group of fans and collectors who got tired of scrounging for a cleaner that never worked. So we made our own. You may have seen our ads in the Star Wars Insider magazine. If you have any questions about Restori or Skippy the Jedi Droid just ask. ^_^

I agree, Skippy is the coolest character in the SW saga.

skippy ain't nothing compared to Teek or Jaxxon

There have been two Skippy figures, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

all the more reason we need teek and a giant rabbit in outer space

Skippy huh?
    I had no idea.

Thought maybe a Star Wars premuim peanut butter promotion or something.
    I would have bought one..mmm
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

You probably bought both. He's better known as R5-D4. It's a very funny comic from Peter David that appeared in the first issue of Star Wars Tales.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

he doesn't really have a bad motivator, but wants to make sure that R2 and 3PO don't get split up so he fakes it.

I dunno about Teek or Jaxxon being cooler than Skippy. Jaxxon definitely had the bad-*** 'tude - and he was fun, but Skippy was a droid with Jedi Powers! I was too old to enjoy Teek when the Ewok movies came out so I never was that into him, and my daughter, who loves the Ewoks thinks Teek is okay, but not as cool as Wicket! ^_^

I'm waiting for the day I get to play a Jedi Droid in an old WEG Star Wars game. ^_^