View Poll Results: Do you like the new forums?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

27 84.38%
  • No

0 0%
  • Undecided

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quick Poll

Question Do you like the new forums?

Cast your vote! We want to know what you think of the new forums!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I like these new forums. They are the same kind that Ninten.com uses. I was wondering also, are you going to allow custom titles and avatars here as well?

TheJedi

Last I heard on this issue, custom avatars were earned with a new rank, and custom titles were a no for now, but I think leaning towards the "we'll see" side.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oops.......

Didn't see the avetar page until after I posted, just getting used to the new format. My bad.

Love it even more now, that my lil Jar Jar Binks icon is back.
    Last edited by Beast; 08-16-2001 at 03:14 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm really liking the new scene!

But if you'll forgive my ignorance, how exactly do I select an avatar? I'm envious of JT's AT-AT !

Jts At-AT just keeps on a walking!

Can't you have an image when you reach a certain number of posts?

BTW,How do you do polls - I just seem to find that "Poll" button you are meant to press when creating a thread,where is that?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Unhappy

Ugh... somthing new to learn. I'll reserve judgement while I muddle around here awhile. Looks kinda cool though.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Wink

Great... I go from Jedi Master with 450 posts to Moistier Farmer with 1 post. Now that's a demotion. Let's do a poll on how long it will take GNT to pad his way to 1000 posts.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Rollo, the AT-AT icon under my name is an animated icon I shrunk from a much larger version, it's my personal avatar till I tire of it (probably soon) but after a certain rank, you'll have the option to upload your own personal avatar, and if you'd like to use the AT-AT (this is for anybody), just save it to your computer and upload it when you reach the point where the system allows you to do so. Remember that when you change your avatar, it changes on EVERY post that you ever made on this system.

Be aware though, as SirSteve pointed out in a different thread,
    If I see unneeded posts being made just to run up the post count, they will be deleted and your post count will just go down.
    GNT, as for the polls, only SirSteve has that ability right now.

Lando, sorry for the changeover ruining your post count. I lost a count of 4,000 and others lost counts as high as 2,000, so we do understand that it's a bit frustrating, but I was asked by SirSteve what I thought about the poster ID issue and I felt it was better to get the system up and running before the last forums started showing ISEs more often. I've seen how the ISEs - even the ones that were tame little things like the ones on the old forums - really hurt morale on the site and how folks got very frustrated, so I felt it'd be better to have a working system now than a broken system in three weeks when the poster IDs may have been able to be ported over (since there was no guarantee that we could get it working successfully).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

12inch Lando how do think I feel from 2089 to 18posts!!!!!!

So will we ever have a chance to post Polls ourselves???
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious