Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Great Britian. Ultimate source of entertainment.

As an American, I have found myself coming to like everything that comes from the British Isles. It seems that everything like music, movies, actors, comedy, etc. that is top notch does not come from America. Actors like Ian Mcdirmand, Ian Mckellan, Malcolm McDowell, Patrick Stewert, Ewan McGregor movies like LOTR, SW(which has a high concentration of British actors) Trainspotting, Harry Potter, Clockwork Orange, comedy like Benny Hill, Any Capp, Faulty Towers, Monty Python(them blokes that inpired South Park)!!!!. Music like Jamiroquai(who would think that someone from a different country would take a music style originating in America and improve upon it!!!!!!!), Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, AC DC, Pest Shop Boys, Rick Astley, Slick Rick. Keep'em coming mates!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Remember that countries only export what's good or what will sell so we're more likely to experience good music, tv, etc. Canada is another exporter of entertainment materials like comics and actors but just as any other country they produce their fair share of crap.

So not to knock that GB doesn't have some great exports but just like the rest of us they have their share of stinkers.

USA: Proud home of the Simpsons and Star Wars.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

scruff, are you saying your boy Eminem is not top notch ?

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    Remember that countries only export what's good or what will sell so we're more likely to experience good music, tv, etc. Canada is another exporter of entertainment materials like comics and actors but just as any other country they produce their fair share of crap.

So not to knock that GB doesn't have some great exports but just like the rest of us they have their share of stinkers.

USA: Proud home of the Simpsons and Star Wars.
    Actually, I can firmly state, as a Canadian, that we produce no crap whatsoever...

Funny thing about scruffzillers post is that, while professing how great the brits were in music, he picked some of the worst examples of british music to prove his point......

Ofcourse, in Canada......the bands that become famous here are usually pure garbage.....and of course we created the alterno brittany: Avril Lavigne...grrr....

Re: Great Britian. Ultimate source of entertainment.

Hold on!

Originally posted by scruffziller
    Music like Jamiroquai(who would think that someone from a different country would take a music style originating in America and improve upon it!!!!!!!), Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, AC DC, Pest Shop Boys, Rick Astley, Slick Rick. Keep'em coming mates!!!!!!!!!!
    First af all, never mention the Pet Shop Boys in the same sentance as Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.

That sentance should have read:

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, Eric Clapton. Keep'em coming mates!!!!!!!!!!

Second, AC/DC is from Australlia.

You may continue.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Re: Re: Great Britian. Ultimate source of entertainment.

Originally posted by Rogue II
    That sentance should have read:

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Beatles, Eric Clapton. Keep'em coming mates!!!!!!!!!!

Or, he could have mentioned Radiohead, the British band that's topped each of the ones listed above

Yes, Radiohead. I couldn't think of any current British bands when I started typing.

I'm just glad he didn't mention Wham!
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Yeah, but Angus and his brother were born in Glasgow and moved to Austrailia. So, scruffy is kind of right with what he said.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    Funny thing about scruffzillers post is that, while professing how great the brits were in music, he picked some of the worst examples of british music to prove his point......
    I hope you weren't talking about Black Sabbath or Led Zepplin? <gasp>

Ofcourse, in Canada......the bands that become famous here are usually pure garbage.....and of course we created the alterno brittany: Avril Lavigne...grrr....
    Again, I hope you weren't including Rush in that group. A mighty fine group of Canadians in my opinion.

Other fine imports from Canada are SCTV, MuchMusic and the RedGreen Show. You don't produce cars but I hear nothing but raves about your big aircraft product, the Canadair RJ, built in Montreal.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Lord Malakite and I tried to watch SCTV when they used to show it late night on NBC. We never really understood what the appeal to it was. The one thing I will never forgive Canada for producing is Paul Shaffer (sp?) from Letterman's show. That man annoys me beyond all reason.
    Back and more bearded than ever before