Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

why isn't the death star 2 complete?

why does it it have all that extra space on the right side?? how can it be opparational?

I bet the Rebels were wondering the exact same thing about halfway through the battle of Endor.

I figure they just focused on the super-laser first then began work on the rest of it. The Emperor knew the Rebels would seek to destroy it and the more inoperative it appeared the better. It was essentially a giant rouse to draw the Rebels together in one place to be destroyed.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

if you watch "clerks", it all becomes clear. see, the empire was having labor problems with the galactic unions after the first death star was destroyed. no one wanted to work on the new one for fear of being blown up. hence, the delayed progress. plus like most guys, palpatine wasn't concerned with decorating the place. as long as he had his super laser and 60 inch TV, who needs wallpaper and carpet.

You have to wonder if Palpatine really needed to take such a large risk to entrap all the rebels in one place. Obviously this scheme didn't pay off for him, but did he really need to take the "all or nothing" approach of entrapment? (this is what makes him a great cinema villain though, heavy-handed and devious, but not so cunning that the protagonists fail.)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You started another whole account just to make that one joke. lame.

The original Deathstar began construction immediately after Episode III ended. This included research and development, trial and error. It took roughly 6 years of development and another 12 to build. The second, larger one was started about 6 years after the first one started, but developed quicker due to breakthroughs made during the first ones construction. the second was actually under construction when the first was destroyed. The original plan was to build a fleet of Death Stars. When the inaugural DS blew up, the Empire accelerated the construction of the second.

Why was it operational? The construction actually starts with the Super laser. They build the central power core, then the laser protruding out to the surface, then a frame consisting of the two poles and the equator. then they work their way outward from left to right in a concentric circle. After the first Death Star blew up and the Empire panicked, they doubled the workforce and the second team began building in the opposite direction to complete the behemoth. They would then meet on the opposite side of where they started. Of course, Lando and Wedge showed up and put the kibosh on that little plan...

Yep, and there was actually a 3rd Death Star! Or rather a prototype in the books.

This one was, for the most part, just a frame with a working laser. It was commanded by the Empire's only Female Admiral, Tarkin's little honey! She was in charge of the project that designed and develped the Death Star prototype.
    May the force be with you.

Arrow

There was actually a fourth Death Star, as well. It was as small as a comlink, and could destroy an entire planet by pressing a button. You know who kept it? The mouse droid! But it blew up when Luke got the first one. When Chewie scared it away, it was on its way to blow up the Falcon.

These lies. Lies, I tell ya!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I don't know why the Death Star 2 isn't complete , but I think it looks way better when it's got all the missing space on it.
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !