Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Deuce 2 and Dumb and Dumberer

First up, Dumb and Dumberer

The Dumb & Dumberer Duo Revealed
    Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7:27 CST

Eric Christian Olsen and Derek Richardson will star as the teenage incarnations of one of the big screen's dumbest duos in When Harry Met Lloyd: Dumb & Dumberer, for New Line Cinema.

The Hollywood Reporter says Olsen and Richardson will play adolescent versions of Harry and Lloyd, respectively, in the prequel to the 1994 blockbuster Dumb & Dumber, which starred Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey. Rounding out the comedy's cast will be Rachel Nichols, Eugene Levy, Mimi Rogers and Luis Guzman.

"Dumberer" follows Harry and Lloyd -- lovable best buddies who are big on heart but short on intellect -- as they meet and try to survive high school. Nichols plays a classmate and love interest, Levy plays their high school principal, Rogers plays Harry's mother, and Guzman has been cast as the school janitor who adopts Lloyd.

And here we have the Deuce Bigalow Sequel

Schneider & Brady Doing Deuce Bigalow II
    Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:25 CST

Actor/writer/comedian Rob Schneider has entered into a two-year first-look production deal with The Walt Disney Studios, it was announced today by Nina Jacobson, President of The Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group.

Schneider, who starred in Touchstone Pictures' box office hit Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, as well as The Animal and Big Daddy, heads up his company, From Out of Nowhere Productions, with his brother and producing partners John Schneider and Michael Chinich. The deal follows the December 13th release of Touchstone's highly anticipated comedy, The Hot Chick, which stars Schneider as a self-centered high-school girl who's trapped in the body of a 30-year-old man.

Schneider and From Out of Nowhere are currently in development on several projects. The first project up is Deuce Bigalow II, a sequel to the 1999 hit, with Tom Brady, co-writer and director of "Hot Chick," set to write and direct.

I just don't know about that Dumb and Dumberer thing...and for the Deuce sequel...I'll hold my feelings on that one.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I loved Dumb and Dumber, but cringe at the thought of a prequel.

As for Deuce, I think the first is one of the funniest movies I've seen in the last 3 years, and also hold hope for a decent sequel.

We'll see . . .

As if Dumb and Dumber didn't get enough dirt from just the concept, now it's gonna get even more for having a crap of a prequel. Btw, should it be Dumb and Dumbie? Dumb and Dumberer sounds more like a sequel than a prequel.

Deuce 2, nah. They should definitely leave that one alone as well, both Deuce and Dumb & Dumber are good stand alone movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Deuce was one of the funniest films of the '90s, and was even better by being such a joy to discover as such rather than having it be declared a "smash hit" 2 weeks before anybody had seen it. As for a sequel, I can't picture many avenues they could go to make a good film, but there are a few directions and visions that could make this work.

As for D&D-1 or whatever, I can't picture anybody but Carrey and Daniels as these characters, it was their repoire that made the characters who they were and THAT is what made the movie work for me. Without those actors, I can't see this being a true prequel, it'll just be "Dude, Where's My Car?!"... only dumber.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No one can play a pumpkin pie hair cutted freak like Daniels.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

For the love of all things holy.........whyyyyyyyyy
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I am scared...so, so scared!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
    No one can play a pumpkin pie hair cutted freak like Daniels.
    That was Carrey.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Without those actors, I can't see this being a true prequel, it'll just be "Dude, Where's My Car?!"... only dumber.
    JT, I think that would make a much better title !

'Dude Where's My Car?! . . . Only Dumber'

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    For the love of all things holy.........whyyyyyyyyy
    Only to torture you QLD.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!