Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

007 Bond Movies and Fans

I'm curious as to how many James Bond fans are here. I'm looking forward to "Die Another Day" this Friday.

I have not seen all of the 007 movies but I'd have to say that "The Man with the Golden Gun" is my favorite of them. Francisco Scaramanga (Christopher Lee) has to be my favorite villian too. I'm not sure who my favorite Bond is. Probably Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan and Roger Moore are tied for second with me right now.

Anybody else? Favorite movie? Villian? Girl? Car? Bond?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I was always partial to Oddjob. I liked when he would throw his hat and it looked so non-threatening.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

DR. No wil always be the coolest Bond Villain..........

And Goldfinger will always be the ultimate Bond film...

any movie that can get away with a female lead called "***** Galore" is tops with me!

P.S. I can't believe you can't say ***** on this site. Come on, what if I was talking about a cat???

Actually it's Pooooshy Galore. You have to say it with that hybrid scottish-english Connery accent.

I probably won't see DAD until it comes out at the $ theatre. I'm really turned off by Halle Berry and all the hype piled on her by the MGM/UA PR machine. Plus that Madonna song blows chunks. I do hope the film is good, though.

As for my favorites...

Movie: 'Goldfinger'
    Villain: Toss up between Christopher Walken, Christopher Lee, and Donald Pleasance
    Henchman: Jaws
    Girl: Cary Lowell
    Car: Aston Martin from 'Living Daylights'
    Bond: Connery (Take that Trebek!)

Edit

I'll also throw in my two favorite theme songs.

Rock-based: A View to a Kill by Duran Duran
    Nonrock-based: License to Kill by Gladys Knight

OK, OK. I know it's a cop-out, but I can't choose which one I like more.
    Last edited by Mandalorian Candidat; 11-21-2002 at 03:41 PM.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I probobly won't see Die Another Day this weekend. . .but I will see it. I have seen them all up to this point, and don't plan on stopping now. As for my favorites. . .

Favorite Movie - I still have to go with Goldfinger. . .its just a classic!
    Favorite Bond - Sean Connery. . . simply the best. . .
    Favorite Villain - Blofelt. . .simply because he spans over numerous films
    Favorite Henchman - tossup between Jaws and Odd-Job
    Favorite Bond Girl - why do we insist on asking THIS question. . . 97% of them friggin' rule!!!!!! I refuse to dignify this question with an answer
    Favorite Bond Girl Name - now THIS I can see answering. . . Holly Goodhead, with Ms. Galore & Plenty O'Toole battling for runner up.

I'm hoping the movie is great. . .and Pierce keeps up with his quality portrayal of 007. Too Bad Q isn't around though.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

my personal fave Bond girl is still the FIRST bond girl.....honey...aka..Ursula Andress.........

I'm a big Bond fan. Went to see DAD last night and I must say it's the best bond film in a long time. OK, it aint nothing compared to the old movies, and I still feel that GoldenEye is the best Brosnan Bond film but it really had some of the elements that the older movies had. I felt like I was a child watching them again .

There were a few elements I didn't like about the movie such as Gustav Graves parachuting into Buck Palace - how CORNY!!!

Anyway, here's my 007 faves:
    Bond- Connery
    Movie- Goldfinger
    Bad Guy- That one who is across between Blofeld and Oddjob. What's his name again???

...Oddfeld

Henchman- Jaws
    Girl- Ridder and Ms Galore
    Location- Cuba
    Car- Aston Martin DB5
    Gadget- Ejector Seat

PENDO...
    DANNY PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Film: Either Goldfinger, followed closely by Thunderball.
    Villian: Either Gert Forbe from Goldfinger or Sean Bean from Goldeneye.
    Girl: Michelle Yeoh from Tomorrow Never Dies
    Bond: Connery, but Brosnan is close.
    Theme: Tie between "For Your Eyes Only" and "A View to a Kill" (dance into the fire!!)

As for DAD, I am hoping it will be good, I loved the first two Brosnan films, but I was hugely disappointed by The World is Not Enough. In fact, the only worse films in the franchise are the Dalton ones (IMHO).

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I'm really turned off by Halle Berry and all the hype piled on her by the MGM/UA PR machine. Plus that Madonna song blows chunks. I do hope the film is good, though.
    I feel the same way about all that, but I'll be seeing it next week or the week after at regular price 'cause I'm a sucker.

I'm a big fan of Bond, favorites have never been my strong point though. I can't decide on ANY of the categories here, the music especially since I play ALL the songs at least twice a week.

Originally posted by wedgeA
    I loved the first two Brosnan films, but I was hugely disappointed by The World is Not Enough. In fact, the only worse films in the franchise are the Dalton ones (IMHO).
    While I too was very disappointed by TWINE, I feel very differently about the Dalton films, especially Living Daylights. To each his own, of course, but I feel that TWINE was right down there with View to a Kill and the 2nd half of Moonraker; while Living Daylights is up near the top and Licence to Kill (the first Bond picture I saw on my own) is somewhere in the middle with Octopooshy and Live and Let Die.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hear that Halle Berry just kills the movie.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!