Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down is it just me, or is the emperor really annoying?

everytime luke got hurt or something in ROTJ he laugh and i got really annoyed and wanted to walk away...grrrr!! i also noticed that luke ignited his lightsaber 3 times...why didn't he just keep it lite like darth??

It's just you.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It's just you.

Wouldn't you laugh too if you were in palpatines shoes?

Talking

Actually, master jedi, I think that's why Palpatine fell to the Dark Side: his shoes were too tight.

He is meant to seem overconfident, and every overconfident villian appears to need to laugh.

Let's all say it together:
    "Moo"
    "Wah"
    "Ha"
    "That's what Sheev said."

The Emperor is trying to harass Luke into getting angry, no matter what avenue that anger is coming from or aimed at. Anger is the route that the Emperor believes he can use to get Luke to turn to the dark side, so EVERYTHING he does is designed to make Luke angry.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: is it just me, or is the emperor really annoying?

Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
    is it just me, or is the emperor really annoying?
    The ESB version is
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

i think he could have done without laughing every time they go to a new scene...

Actually, the Emperor's laugh is one of those laughs you have when experiencing pain or discomfort. The Emperor doesn't eat enought bran cereal.......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The emperor certainly talks too much. in the same way that all villains do. I bet the villain of EP2 will chatter away 'til the cows come home.

usually the hero being punished or tortured by the villain will ask "Why are you doing this?" to which the villain will reply "because I can and I enjoy it" Then you get more torture while the villain unveils in detail their plan to rule the world/conquer the galaxy/destroy all human kind/suck the world dry of cheese,water,air or whatever...

it's the oldest cliche in the book dating back to the days of the silent movie. several of which have been sampled for the scenes in ROTJ in the Emperor's throne room... vaguely........

Ian McDiarmid did a brilliant job portraying a pantomime villain in a kids movie. just the way Lucas wanted it and the director Richard Marquand wanted. Full marks to Ian for giving a tour de force performance.

*my tongue was firmly in my cheek during that last part BTW*

Old Palpy's not annoying, he is the key player in the saga. Without him there would be no vader & no Empire. Scary thought huh?
    "I love democracy...I love the Republic." (sure you do Palpy....)