Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would Vader have been doing if he wasn't always tracking Rebels?

Seems like that's all he did; just wonder if he'd be unemployed or something if there were no rebels in the OT.

He would be crushing anyone who dared to question the will of the Emperor.
    May the force be with you.

He'd probably start his own chat show. Something like Ricki Lake or Jerry Springer.

Possible show titles:
    "I am cheating with my best friend's ewok"
    "My father is a wookie, my mother a hutt"
    "My father is a Sith and wants to take over the galaxy"
    "I can't get a date because I'm small, green, and 900 years old"

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

If there were no rebels, or the need to track them, there would be no movies.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Multiple choice answer:

a. He would have spent a lot more time in his meditation chamber with his subscription to "PLAYSITH."

b. He would have taken up needle point and made little crafts for the Emperor.

c. He would have organized a glee club and possibly formed a group of dancing stormtroopers to entertain the fleet. They would perform musicals such as "Guys and Dolls" and "Cats."

d. He would have spent more time surfing internet chat rooms under the name "Dark_Helmet."

e. None of the above.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Three little words: phone sex operator
    Well, I did say they were little!

Or he could be a model for Big and Tall Man's clothing stores. Stand in the display window like a statue or do the robot.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Can you say INFOMERCIALS!!!!! Just flip throuth the Galactic Net late at night and you'd see nothing but All Vader, All the time!

1. The Whilhuff Tarkin Grill

2. Get rich quick the Taun We Way!

3. Mon Mothma's skin tenderizer.

4. Vader-cize!!!!

5. The Juice Looser. (It's whisper Quiet!)

He'd choke the life out of Ron Popiel, and his pitiful band of inventions!
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

But really, that is a good question. WHY? Why does Palpatine want to RULE THE UNIVERSE?

Everytime I watched Pinky and the Brain, I wondered the same question. Why does Brain want to RULE THE WORLD? I mean, what's he going to do with it once he has it? What's the point?

Honestly, the reason most guys strive for power is to get laid. The more power you attain translates into more money. The more money you have means that you get better looking women hanging all over you.

So, yeah, in these kinds of stories, with meglomaniacs desiring ultimate power, all we see is the struggle to get there (and their eventual Hollywood ending downfall). But really, if Palpatine did succeed with his nefarious plan, then what? He could sit on his throne all day doing....?

And Vader. Same thing? Except, presumably his private parts aren't really accessible anymore.

This is the age old question that has never been answered, because, I think, it can't happen. From Stalin, to Hitler, to Bin Laden, to the Roman Empire, , all those guys wanted total control over their societies. The problem is that 100% of the time, the people always fought back and won. Sometimes it takes awhile, but those power-hungry fools always always always lose. The thirst for freedom is too strong. The armies of darkness can try to destroy resistance to their goal, but they can't kill it completely. As long as there is just one individual left alive in opposition to their oppressive ways, the evil ones are always involved in the journey to succeed and never get to enjoy the spoils of success.

Originally posted by stillakid

Honestly, the reason most guys strive for power is to get laid. The more power you attain translates into more money. The more money you have means that you get better looking women hanging all over you.

So, yeah, in these kinds of stories, with meglomaniacs desiring ultimate power, all we see is the struggle to get there (and their eventual Hollywood ending downfall). But really, if Palpatine did succeed with his nefarious plan, then what? He could sit on his throne all day doing....?
    Well, the Emperor does have those dignitaries... (He also had a mistress in the EU world. I think it was in Rogue Squadron)

I don't really understand megolomaniacs either. Hitler wanted to make the "Arians" (sp?) the supreme race of humans, but he wasn't an Arian himself.

Vader doesn't really think for himself too much. The Emperor gives him tasks and Vader completes them by whatever means he sees fit. If there was no Rebellion, I think Vader would be paying visits to politicians and leaders who were not performing to the Emperor's standards.

or

He could go back to pod racing. If he could build "the fastest pod-racer in the galaxy" out of scraps, think of the podracer he could build with Imperial money!! The Emperor would make a forutune off of him.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".