Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Holiday Edition Set (3PO/R2)...When, Where?!

It has been a while since I've seen anything about the upcoming exclusive Holiday Edition set. Early reports suggested that it would be a Fan Club exclusive, then later many claimed it was a store exclusive (Wal-Mart or TRU). Does anyone out there have the definitive answer? And when does this thing appear in stores or for order? We are getting pretty close to Christmas and it would be foolish for the holder of this exclusive to not have it available pretty pronto! Please help!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

It's a Wal-Mart exclusive. Due to the current restructuring of the Fan Club, all exclusives were shunted to alternate stores. That's why EE got the Sandtroopers. It was supposed to be out for Christmas, but with the dock lockout that occured, who knows if it will show up on time. I'm considering ordering mine from Yestertoys, it will likely cost the same in the store anyway. Damn, looks like it's no longer up for pre-orders there.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 11-22-2002 at 02:38 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, if the dock slowdown makes them show up late, chances are there'll be tons available at clearance prices just after Christmas.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

AmokTime.com had em

I got mine at amoktime.com for the princely sum of 35 american...no doubt thats alot, but let me tell you its the coolest figure theyve done, no foolin'! It might be available soon, but mines already in my hands so get one if you really want one now! By the way I DONT work for them...
    "So I says to him, I says..."

Amok Time's prices suck. When Yestertoys had them up, they were only $18.00 Mint, $16.00 Non-Mint. I can wait for Wal-Mart to get them in for probably $15.00. $20.00 over retail, just to have things a tiny bit earlier, is a waste of money.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

How can anybody be excitd about the Holiday Set? It looks like complete crap. Granted, i'm a sucker and if i spot it, i'll prolly think twice about buying. Freakin' hasbro for making me a slave to the toys!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'm not really excited, but I do think it's kinda neat. They should have included Santa Yoda as well, but they need to save somthing for next years set.

I'll probably end up getting 2 sets, when they hit stores. One for myself, and one for a gift. It's a neat little novelty set, but nothing to really get worked up over.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Y'know what I find odd? This set is based on the cover of Meco's Star Wars Christmas album (Christmas in the Stars). But that album is so far out of print, all the used copies I've found online have been in the $30 range. For a real Christmas present from Hasbro, how about including a re-issue of the dang CD with these figures? Yeah, it's cheesy, but everyone loves Meco!

I'm patiently waiting for the first "No, we don't" response.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Y'know what I find odd? This set is based on the cover of Meco's Star Wars Christmas album (Christmas in the Stars). But that album is so far out of print, all the used copies I've found online have been in the $30 range. For a real Christmas present from Hasbro, how about including a re-issue of the dang CD with these figures? Yeah, it's cheesy, but everyone loves Meco!

I'm patiently waiting for the first "No, we don't" response.
    I agree, they should re-issue it!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Hmmm, the Holiday Set probably won't be available until after Christmas? That's sorta like buying concert tickets the day after the show or a car on your 15th birthday. You lose a bit of the luster.

Well at least it isn't a fan club exclusive anymore.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.