Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Canucklehead chat session.....

Hey again all. Here's a new thread to discuss the movies, hockey, small talk, etc. The Master List for Canada thread has broken out into a gab session, so I figured this thread might be useful. Might get closed, too as it's somewhat off topic - but there's no Mod over here so hopefully not! Okay, I get to go first....what do you all do? I know about Carl (Mabudon) and Fourtwo's jobs and hobbies (a little bit), so fill us in. What makes you happy?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

heh.

what makes me happy?
    sexy dames and plenty of em!
    heh.
    seriously, i skateboard and thats about it. sleep is pretty fresh these days too
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Yeah, might as well take advantage of the unmoderated status of this place, eh??
    Here's a quick bio of myself for those here who I don't actually speak with "live".....
    I'm a 29 year old living in the economically depressed golden horseshoe, I answer phones for a living and have sort of a love/hate relationship with that...
    I LOVE SW, Gundam, Heavy Metal, Experimental Jazz and Leafs Hockey (6-0 over philly last night, it was like a dream!!)
    I live with my sweet gf and our plan is to open a vegetarian (or vegan) restaurant, since there aren't any good ones here and we're vegans, so there's nowhere for us to go out to eat..
    Ahhh that's enough, other than to add that I pretty much hate all hollywood movies , starting usually the first time I hear the title.. give me old gijoe cartoons anytime...

Oh, and I love good beer, not no big corporate stuff (well, brick's gettin up there).. stouts and porters ideally, but the selection here sucks, so usually dark or nut-brown ales....

oh, and finally, I'm a master painter of miniatures and model builder, mostly gundam kits and fantasy miniatures...
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Cool beans. Im James Reason officially, Mountie and sworn protector of our freedom and this vast and beautiful land of ours (at least in my own mind). 2 kids occupy most of my down time, but I do like SW and Marvel comics. 30 years old, sadly enough.

oh i left out all that stuff. i'm not comfortable dropping my name on here, or anywhere else online for that matter so sorry, you'll have to keep wondering.
    i turn 23 this wednesday, i work at TRU and all i ever do these days is work and sleep. star wars is my main obsession, although i recently got in to hot wheels and i always buy any action figure i deem "cool enough"

Anybody else think the Wings are having a lousy road trip? (Skunked in Van, OT loss to the Oilers tonight..... time for Legace to be #1 Im thinking).

i think the canucks are the best team in hockey (always have), so no, i think they should keep doing what they're doing and let vancouver win the cup.

Ahhh, Haven't been keeping up on the whole league, working the stupid switch shifts I do I only ever get to see whole Leafs games if I'm off or on weekends (oh, and I'm off tonight, we play the Caps)
    The Blue and White have been having huge problems this year too... those coupla shutouts were nice, but I'm not convinced, I think it's gonna take the return of gary roberts in jan. to really cement this years on-ice product.. wish we'd a never traded shcwabbie, man..... still, the Leafs should be able to dog it into the post-season as always...
    Detroit- yeah, sorry jj, not the team they should have, given the roster... when they're back at full strength (about the same time as the Leafs it's slated for, right?) and they are still having trouble you can start worrying, but they're okay for now.. at least none of us are (gulp!) thrashers fans.......
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

heh

the canucks beat them last night

Ugly. Half the teams in the damned league are in cities that don't give a rat's *** about hockey. Imagine the "on ice product" (nice one, Carl!) if there were only 15 teams???? Okay - Ill take 21 back to the days when I was a kid - hockey would be the best once again. For now, the NFL is king in terms of league parity and excitement.