Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geting Started

Post Geting Started

So I recently came into a sizeable vintage star wars figure collection and was wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction to get started on learning more about them. I don't think I could part with them but it would definitely be fun to learn more about them and what the collection is worth. Thanks for any help.

Mike

Go to the links pages of your favourite SW sites and hunt. PLaces like Gadders, and Toysrgus.com have loads of info. AS for pricing I haven't a clue I'm afraid!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Thumbs up

Ask specific questions here, at SSG's Vintage section! Like...

What's the deal with the blue and red Snaggletooths? Or is it Snaggleteeth?

Why don't Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, and Snowtroopers' heads move?

Luke has a yellow saber? Why?

Etc., etc.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'd start by purchasing a guide (such as Tomart's if it's still around) and figure out exactly what you have. Then decide where you want to go from there. Also, you might want to have your collection appraised. Depending on how large it is & what you have you might consider having it insured. You'd need an appraisal for that.

Question

Originally posted by mtriv73
    I stumped Bel-Cam Jos, Why did Luke come with a yellow saber?
    This has been debated for a long time. My view is that Ben was supposed to keep his blue blade to battle with Vader's and not be the same color, and the only other non-Sith saber was Luke's, also a blue one, so maybe they switched its color so there'd be no confusion. Why? I dunno... The 12" Ben (I think) had a yellow blade while Luke had blue. Huh? Wha-?!? And why did Bespin Luke have a yeloow one, too? Hmm...

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Ask specific questions here, at SSG's Vintage section! Like...

What's the deal with the blue and red Snaggletooths? Or is it Snaggleteeth?

Why don't Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, and Snowtroopers' heads move?

Luke has a yellow saber? Why?

Etc., etc.

The blue snaggletooth was a Sears early-bird special from way back when. There was a total of four figures. I am looking at the other three figures now and see that the snowtrooper and tie pilots helmets come down over their breast armor. Probably limiting their head movement in ther movies and so it translated onto the figure. The pilot really didnt need to move his head in the movie since he could look at the radars in front of him on the counsole of the tie-fighters. As for the stormtrooper I have no idea. These are all just speculation and my opinion(except for the snaggletooth). I could be wrong but just wanted to speculate.

Sorry didnt realize you werre using those as an example
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thumbs up

But it stimulated a brief discussion, eh? I have done my job. Now if we can just get mnorusis to join in...

I never noticed the problem with Luke's saber until now. I know it is yellow and all, but I just never thought about it. I guess vintage Luke was one of those toys I had since I was 3, so I never questioned it. Same with Bespin Luke.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car