Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

collection 1 Luke Jedi.

Ok. word on the street is if a figure is in collection 1 then it always has a silly action feature. Please give me the real deal on this and if it's true then I am very afraid for the Luke Jedi.

Why? Everyone LOVES Bespin Luke from collection 1...and he has a silly action feature...

Why not wait to panic until you actually see the figure?

Because I'm a pessimist. If I prepare for the worst then I won't be dissappointed.

By the way, I must be the only one on this thread who doesn't think that Luke Bespin is that great. Yeah, it has great articulation. However the face is kinda silly and bruised up. I prefer the other Luke Bespin.

It's supposed to be all bruised up, he is from the scene where he is hanging from the weathervane in Cloud City. It would have been stupid for it not to be all red and messed up.
    Powdered Toast Man!

Well, I'm not a fan of the scene specific look. I have an imagination of my own and a red sharpie so if I feel like bruisin up a toy I can do it myself.

he looks too cool hanging from that weathervane.
    i think its a quality figure, despite the feature which is kinda hokey.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    Why? Everyone LOVES Bespin Luke from collection 1...and he has a silly action feature...

Why not wait to panic until you actually see the figure?
    Please don't try to speak for me, I hated the way they ruined Bespin Luke.

There is however a possibility of a figure making it through without a gimmick. Chewbacca, Yoda and the Clone Trooper made it through with the gimmicks in their accessorys.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I listened to all of that "Wait until the figure actually comes out before you assume the worst" nonsense with both Obi-Wan pilot, and Tatooine Attack Anakin. In both cases, it was as I feared: the foolish Action Features were incorporated. As for Luke Bespin - YES, he is a great figure. But IMO, that is despite the fact that he has that Action Feature. I don't really think that any collector (if they are being honest with themselves), prefers a button sticking out of Luke's back to a non-AF version.

I can almost guarantee that Hasbro will include some sort of silly saber-swingin' action for ol' Luke. Much to my chagrin, of course.

Unlike many collectors, I prefer the core characters to the ancilliary ones. And because I despise the Action Features inherent in Collection 1, The SAGA collection hasn't been the most pleasant line for me.

But, if I were to present a (very thin) thread of optimism towards Jedi Luke, it is that his Action feature may be something incorporated outside of the actual figure (though, what this may be, I have no idea). But, I don't really believe that for a second.

In agreement...

Originally posted by rherk
    Well, I'm not a fan of the scene specific look. I have an imagination of my own and a red sharpie so if I feel like bruisin up a toy I can do it myself.
    I'm not a fan of the "Scene Specific" figures either (if that was any secret before I posted this reply), but it IS a good figure... for what it is. I, too, would have preferred a Luke with a built-in "use your own imagination to recreate the scene" feature. I suppose that is asking a little much. Still... I think the Jedi Luke won't be completely terrible- unless they use the head from the Luke in the forthcoming Trash Compactor pack! Oy!

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have to agree with rherk, I'm a pessimist too. That way, if I'm wrong, then everything is great! If it goes bad, at least I have the satisfaction of being right.
    Stupidity should be painful.