Angry Canadians shafted on Free Tie Fighter

I just had to register and write in about this. I just read with joy that Lego was offering the Tie Mini lego set free to the first 5000 people who register, that is till I found out that becasue I am canadian I am screwed. Yet again a great online service has overlooked its Northern neighbours. We buy their products, support their sites, pay top dollars for their exclusives, and what do we get. Bugger all! So my canadian brothers and sister, please write to Lego like I have and let them know your disgust with this constant and total lack of caring about one of their largest purchasers. CANADA!!!!!!!

Severly P.O'd
    Kris C

Thumbs down Re: Canadians shafted on Free T.I.E. Fighter

Kris C, I read about it also and as I also wanted a sample of the pre-view mini building set I went to sign on the Star Wars website as a member last night and got as far as the T.I.E. Fighter advertisement page when I discovered that it was for US of A residents only.

Signed on as a member at the Star Wars website for no use what so ever.

Talked to LEGO Shop at Home here in Europe and asked them if they maybe could help me get a sample of the T.I.E. Fighter especially since they messed up my order of their 10030 Star Destroyer set several times and sent me a damaged box but that was too much to ask for.

Heck, they didn’t even know it existed but that’s old news as the employees of The LEGO Group seems to be the last ones to see and hear about new products and I know more...

Kindest regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

I am sorry I forgot to mention that in the SSG news story. I wanted to get the news out there ASAP and it didn't dawn on me until after I went to bed last night to add that. By the time I got up, it was over anyway.

I believe this US-only thing was merely a cost-saving device, sending out freebies from LEGO United States to Canada might be cost-prohibitive (especially since Galidor seems to be bombing in the US). However, I'll bring the issue of the TIE Fighter's availability up with LEGO soon (hopefully before Toy Fair) since I know a lot of folks outside of the US would want one and many of us will want a small fleet of 'em. Hopefully at the very least these will use easy-to-get generic parts and you'll be able to build 'em from extra pieces.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs down Re: Canadians shafted on Free T.I.E. Fighter

JediTricks, no need to be sorry as it’s not that big of a deal.

If someone’s to blame for anything it’s the Star Wars and LEGO websites as they didn’t inform you it was just a freebie for US of A recidents only until you had signed up already and gotten to the sign up for the free T.I.E. Fighter page a minute or two later but oh well...

I got there in time for a freebie set so if I would have lived in the US of A I’d gotten one.

Since I’m somewhat of a completist it would have been cool to have the set.

A question out of curiousity...

How good of a relationship with The LEGO Group do you have?

Kindest regards,

I have an update on the Tie situation that just blew me away. I went out to the mail today, and there was a letter from Lego. Well it turns out my whining and complaining did not go un-noticed at the Lego office. They sent me a letter to appolagize that the offer was not available to us Canadians, and for my support of Lego and appreciation as a customer they included a mini Tie Fighter. Now that is great customer service. They also stated that is was a promotion put on by LucasFilm, and there stipulation was that it was a US only Promo, and was out of Lego's hands. Damn Lucas, maybe I need to write him a letter as well.....

KC

Sorry to hear about all of this mess. I was able to get one and if I could, I would reregister to get ahold of extra ones to get to you guys.

Thumbs up Re: Canadians shafted on Free T.I.E. Fighter

Sentinel18725, thanks for thinking of us.

This whole registrer and get a free Mini T.I.E. Fighter set is in my opinion nothing else but a rip off as one wasn’t informed it was a offer for US of A citizens only until you had signed up as a member at Mr. George Lucas Star Wars website so I did it for “NO” darn use at all.

Then again I read reports that the so called “scalpers” registred over and over and over again to get more then “ONE” free sample only to sell them at outrageous prices over at the eBay website so this whole “Free” offer was a rip off once again for many US of A citizens.

Another thing is that I’m not able to buy that Star Wars magazine that came with the free Mini T.I.E. Fighter set either as it’s not available in any of the stores in the town of Sundsvall where I live as foreign magazines like that are really “rare” here so that’s another rip off.

With all this in mind and with my latest experiences having received damaged items from The LEGO Group my thoughts about them aren’t exactly high and to me they really seem to be a company where “Customer Service DOESN’T Matter at all” but what do they care about it...

Kindest Regards,