Thread: Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix

Happy Birthday to Jimi Hendrix. He would have been 60 today.

They are releaseing a new DVD, Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix Live At The Isle Of Wight.

Jimi Hendrix
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

.....It-was-1962-in-Saigon,-and-me-and-David-Bowie-had-to-find-enough-brown-M&M's-to-fill-a-brandi-glass,-or-Jimi-Hendrix-wouldent-go-on-stage-that-night.-So-we-hear-about-this-little-sweet-shop-over-on-the-edge-of-town,-but-when-we-get-there,-its-closed,-so-we-break-in,-but-right-inside-the-window-is-this-big-bengal-tiger....well,-we-took-care-of-the-tiger,-but-as-for-the-shopkeeper-and-his-son....we-had-to-beat-them-to-death-with-their-own-shoes.....
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

So is it a compulsion to force the single string sentence everytime?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

..... ep i do it to sometimes.....its not compulsion.....its a fear of hitting the cap lock button when you start a new sentence.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Well, thank you all for getting off the topic.

I'm hope to get the concert DVD soon and possibly the double cd so I can listen to it in car.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Agreed. Hendrix was clairvoyant, or at least some mutated form of human that allowed him to feel more about music than most. Truly groundbreaking. That being said, he's not one of my absolute favorites - but no one can argue about his pioneering modern guitar playing.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

gather-'round-children-and-hear-the-tale-of-why-CM-uses-dashes-in-all-of-his-typing.....
    It-all-happened-months-ago,-I-was- sitting-here-drinking-an-orange-Gatoraide,-(well,-Kirkland-brand-sport-drink-to-be-proper),-and-I-accidentallly-spilled-it-all-over-my-keyboard.-At-first-few-keys-worked,-but-slowly-but-surely,-all-but-the-space-bar-went-back-to-functioning-properly.-Now-I-can-only-get-the-space-bar-to-work-on-special-occasions.
    And-now-you-know,-and-knowing-is-half-the-battle!
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

The enter key seems to still be working.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Right, Hendrix....
    When I first heard his music I was pretty young, and not too "musically versed" (listening to an automated "hit" station circa 1982... lotta eddie money and stuff), and I couldn't even tell what was happening, it seemed weird, but somehow non-musical...
    Long story short, I started becoming interested in playing guitar, and after figuring out how the instrument worked, I was re-intorduced to Hendrix, and it was the craziest, wildest, most perfect thing I ever heard... Stuff like "Axis:Bold as Love", "wait til tomorrow".... most of his work still totally dirves me crazy, and it's been even cooler since his family got the rights to his work, caning the bad stuff and re-releasing the stuff that Jimi always wanted to see out there.....
    Yeah, happy Birthday to Jimi, for sure...
    On a side note, one of my best friends (since public school, so we go back maybe 16 years or longer) and his gf/wife recieved the first addition to their young family on the 27th, a baby girl who's name still hasn't been divulged.... she was due the 26th, and when I heard I though it would be cool if it would be 1 day later.. VOILA!!!!
    So drinks all round, and an exploding cigar for everyone here!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.