Any info on the new Gamecube Metal Gear?

I recently saw that there is going to be a new Gamecube Metal Gear:Twin Snakes. What I have found is that it is going to be a little different than Sons of Liberty....any idea how? Comes out in two weeks.

Solid Snake debuts on Nintendo's GameCube in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. After achieving worldwide acclaim for both the original Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty, series creator Hideo Kojima combines the essence of both games into one unique experience.

Features:
    • Fuses the stories of Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    • Incorporates actions from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, such as first-person shooting
    • Developed by Hideo Kojima, original creator of the Metal Gear series
    • Exclusively on Nintendo GameCube
    Is out on 3/10 I think.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I pre-ordered MGS and from what i understand its a "next-gen remake" of the classic MGS on PS1. Its also meant to include parts of MGS2. What parts i dont know. From the screen shots ive seen it looks good!
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

Having played both MGS and Sons of Liberty until my hands hurt, I'm not quite sure how they're going to incorporate any of the scenes of SOL into Twin Snakes. Possibly a level here and there, for use in a different setting (but they'd have to redesign the enemy soldiers' kit and clothing) but they can't really borrow any story elements or anything that I can make sense of off the top of my head.

I think the premise is very interesting - a "Metal Gear Solid: Special Edition" if you will. Should be amazing, the plot to that game is every bit as good - if not better - than any action movie ever made. Tops in my book, anyhow.
    Last edited by jjreason; 03-02-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I don't believe it is taking any of the story from number 2. What the guys at Silicon Knights (creators of Eternal Darkness!) did was take the original Metal Gear Solid game and revamped it so it played like MGS2.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

That was my understanding as well, that's why I was surprised to read (here) that they were merging some of the levels of SOL into MGS. I don't have a GC, but releasing a Metal Gear game for it is one sure way of making me consider getting one (second-hand, to save a few bucks).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I have it and it is awesome!!!! I had played the original PS version a little bit and the GC version is crisp and clean!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Well, finals will be done tomorrow and I'm going to get this to veg my brain out! Looking forward to it!