Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Obi-Wan Cloned...

The "Breather" Teaser has a shot of Obi-Wan beening held up in mid-air. Is it possible that he is being cloned? That shot is something I haven't heard of before and I'm wonder if that could be so or I'm I going off the deep end.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I hope not.....

But if it is, George is the man with the plan, so I trust his storytelling abilities. He hasn't done us wrong yet (notice, no sarcasm here).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I htink he could be held as a prisoner in some sort of suspended animation or something.

It appears to me that his image is being projected above the table seen in a few of the "select" photos.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I just take faith in what was shown. In the end, it won't matter, like BB said, trust George Lucas. Cynicism towards goofy characters or not, his story lines have always had the great quality that makes Star Wars a true "epic".
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I have the large version of the trailer now. I believe that he is being held captive. Someone had posted a thread some time ago posing the question, "how do you capture a Jedi". Well whatever that device is that has Kenobi suspended in mid air with energy bindings around his wrists and ankles appears to be one way of doing just that. He is rumored captured on Geonosis and held until the end battle sequence in the arena. To me that looks like Geonosis, and he looks like he has been captured.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I concur with Jedi Clint. I believe he is being held prisoner in some sort of energy net. After reading the blow by blow of the trailer, I anticipated each shot so I wasn't caught off guard. It definitely looked as if he was suspended mid-air by some device.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What I want to konw is why does everyone think Obi-Wan is cloned? Everyone says that "Obi-Wan" is the name of the clone. Yet in TPM we find out that whatever planet he and(I'm guessing on this) Qui-Gon came from,that's how they name people. Can someone clear that up?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Yes, Obi Wan is being held captive. Notice the little purple energy cuffs round his appendages. Also, the very left side of the screen right as it's fading black SOMEONE WALKS ON SCREEN.

VERY OMINOUS.

Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by hamsterboy
    What I want to konw is why does everyone think Obi-Wan is cloned? Everyone says that "Obi-Wan" is the name of the clone. Yet in TPM we find out that whatever planet he and(I'm guessing on this) Qui-Gon came from,that's how they name people. Can someone clear that up?

The theory is that "Obi-Wan" is really "O.B.- 1." Being the first clone of whomever O.B. is. I don't buy it, especially after TPM, but it was an interesting theory in the 16 year lull between Episodes 6 and 1. Even more curious is what ever happened to Obi-Wan Bunji and Obi-Wan Street. I swear I'm the only guy who remembers these two characters showing up on the list of Episode 1 names waaaaaaayyyy back in 1998.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."