Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any plans for a new Luminara?

Well, I got Luminara today, and she's a great figure, it's just that in her pose, she's SOOOO short compared to the other figures. I'm glad to hear that they're making a Barriss figure since her and Luminara are one of my favorite Master/Apprentice combos but I was wondering if they would be making another Luminara. Maybe from Palpatine's office when she's standing up straight? Thanks for any info

I'm sure that we'll see a new version of Luminara, though it may not happen in 2003. Hasbro finally has some strong female charecters, that don't need to flaunt it to be popular. I do like the pose of the figure, because is based on when she ignites her lightsaber in the arena. But a basic stance is needed.

Hopefully Bariss Offee is a bit more neutral posed. Atleast when she ignited her saber, she wasn't crouched down like Luminara was. So even if they base her on the same scene, she shouldn't be so strange looking. If they do her like the upcoming Aayla Secura, and make her super poseable, it will be nice.

Atleast the pose fits Luminara. I still am sickened by what they did with Senator Jar Jar. I can't even pose him with Chancellor Palpy, Lott Dod, or Orn Free Taa. He looks like he's ready to beat the hell out of them. So we need a re-sculpt of him as well. Not to mention his Apartment Outfit with the sparkly eppaulets.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Alright, thanks for your help

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't JarJar's apartment outfit the same one he wears in the senate?

Nope, the current figure is what he wears when he makes his speech to the senate. The one that is pictured on the card, with the sparkly beaded robe and eppelauts is what he wears in Padme's Apartment and when they meet with Palpatine. I'll see if I can dig up decent pictures of both.

By the way, check out Palpatine's outfit in the Senate scene as well. This was pointed out to me by Tycho. He's wearing a red colored outfit, instead of the black one that he wears during the rest of the film. So Padme isn't the only one with costume changes. Though most people don't notice theirs.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'd welcome a new Luminara. The one we've seen so far is quite an impressive statue - but a statue nevertheless, and not an action figure IMHO.

Same goes for Shaak Ti & Eeth Koth.

Nikto Jedi (another pre-posed figure) looks best when you remove his cloak, pop his arms & head off and put them on the torso & legs of a POTF2 Weequay. Hey presto - a new skiff guard! The head & limbs fit perfectly & the figure can hold a force pike under its right arm and a rifle in its left hand!

Anyway, back on topic... I think that if the Bariss figure turns out to be fairly neutrally-poised it may give a clue as to the likelihood of another Luminara.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

I've loaded up the image of him with his Apartment outfit before, so I need to link to that one. I still am having trouble finding a decent picture of his senate address outfit. I did locate one of Ahmed Best in the physical costume.

Jar Jar Binks: Apartment Outfit
    Jar Jar Binks: Senate Outfit

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jar jar binks senate outfit.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	4600  

Hopefully we'll get a Luminara with a real removeable cloak.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Personally I hope that we can get the other Jedis first before they start re-making the present ones.
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

OTHER JEDI:

Aayla Secura (Twi'lek female)
    Bariss Offee (human female)
    Coleman Trebdor (E2 Council Member)

Jedi Council 3-pack (hopefully including: Even Piel, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Yaddle, or Depa Billaba)

Jedi Army Builder Set: Wookiee Jedi, Rodian Jedi, Human Jedi, Twi'lek Jedi.

Jedi Youngling (with Yoda)
    Jedi Youngling 2-pack (possibly alien children)

Clone Wars Figures: Possibly anime style though :

Obi-Wan
    Kit Fisto
    Yoda

Maybe more.... (while I might collect these since I like Playskool SW, they will not 'cut it' for the general collection if they are animated style - that is if Obi-Wan does not look like Ewan - not that figures which attempt to succeed at that do so anyway, but...)

NEUTRAL POSES WE NEED:

Luminara Undulli (Palpatine's Office)
    Bariss Offee (Palpatine's Office)
    Kit Fisto (Palpatine's Office)
    Eeth Koth (Jedi Council - or standing neutral like the others at least)

SITTING POSES: (of course both the entire E1 and E2 High Councils - however, these should not be done until we have at least ALL the Jedi Council that match the rest of the collection - though some like Yaddle and Oppo Rancisis, probably Yarael Poof, only need one pose and a chair. Depa and Even Piel could succeed if given bending knees, but there's a problem with their Jedi Cloaks: soft goods so they can sit down or not?

Those wanting to recreate comic book adventures or a scene from the upcoming novel "Shatterpoint" will want Even Piel and especially Depa Billaba to be able to fight! Sure they can with soft-goods, but they won't match the other 'standing-fighting Jedi' we have, like Eeth Koth or SaeSee Tiin.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thank you Chiesa!!!!!!! We don't need to do rehash crap until all unproduced figues are made. If we can just convince Hasbro to stop making Jangos and Mauls. The last figure we need made would be another JarJar figure. I'm so glad I held off on buying the Saga one because I got him for .49 at WOTC last week. I only did it to complete my collection
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)