Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thats very cool....the way it should be. Great job Turbowars
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

thanks again. Has anyone made a set yet?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Turbowars, I have finished mine and it looks great. I'm not to happy with the paint job,so I will repaint it. I don't have any pics as of yet,but will try to get some when they are finished. It was alot easier then you would think to make these. I used the hand controls from the pilots and it looks good. I have done alot of customs such as figures and my real love is making light sabers. I have gone from making plastic to metal handles. I would say I have about 40 to 50 lightsabers now. This is the first time I tried customs on a ship. Thanks again for the info and happy customs.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Thats great! Check out my Escape pod. It's in here on the same customs forum, It say something like does anyone know the scale.
    (Like my posts)

Hey turbowars, your custom gun turrets look great. Can you tell me what you used to connect the custom pod to the hasbro turret's swivel arm. The other guy says an L-shaped bracket but I can't seem to find anything like that.
    Thanks, Coy
    "Yogurt!...Yogurt, I HATE yogurt. Even with strawberries!" --Dark Helmet--Spaceballs

Sure, but you can get a small "L" bracket from any hardware store. I don't like the use of that bracket anyway. It looks really cheap and fake. I used 1/8 scale RC car tie rod end. That might sound like a hard find, but any hobby shop has them. You will only need 2, but they come in a bag of 12or so. Cheap part. The part has a female thread at one end that screws to the pod and the other end has a hole to atach to the Hasbro arm. Here's a photo. Oh E-mal me for more info and photos. Turbowars@webtv.net
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	5087  
    (Like my posts)

Has anybody tried using the turrets from the wings? They're not exact matches, but they look close enough and in-scale with the toy itself... plus, they're pre-painted. (I'm that lazy)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Check out my custom Gunship Turrets, the way they were meant to be.

That's more work that making new ones JT and besides you would need to buy another Gunship. Damn this thread is like 2 years old.
    (Like my posts)

But Hasbro Rehashes keep it alive!
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Yeah, but that's all I had at the time.
    (Like my posts)