Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Heres a first, BMX XXX covers up for PS2 and bares all for GCN

The PlayStation 2 version of Acclaim's controversial mature-rated game "BMX XXX" will have the nudity cut out.

Following rumors that Sony wouldn't approve BMX XXX as is, Acclaim has announced that the PlayStation 2 version of the game will ship without the topless nudity present. What is even more stunning is that GameCube's version, along with X-Box, will keep the nudity in. As what Acclaim calls the first action sports game designed for over-17 gamers, BMX XXX has attracted some controversy for its content, and several major retailers announced last month that they won't stock the game.
    BMX XXX is scheduled to ship on November 15 for the PS2 and sometime in mid-November for the Xbox and GameCube.

Who said GameCube was for kids only?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

On PS2, you can rent a hooker and kill her, but you can't see a naked woman. What were they thinking?
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah, they probably should of either changed all of it or left it be. What really suprises me though is that Nintendo is going to allow it. This is a definate opposite compared to what Nintendo has done in the past. Maybe 007: Agent Under Fire wasn't a fluke.

Better post this WARNING in advance before things get out of hand. Remember to keep this thread clean people. There is no need to go into too much detail about what is and isn't included in this particular game, or other games, in order to discuss PS2's moral policy on such matters compared to GCN's. If you want the details on the controversies in these games, look it up else where. Also, don't post any pictures showing any of the nudity, etc., in here. Anyone that doesen't comply will automatically be refered to JediTricks and/or SirSteve. Thanks.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

Well, the idea behind this game is completely ridiculous. The only people interested will be the UNDER 17 crowd. Who over 18 wants animated nudity?

Just a bad, bad idea. Why don't we just give Tipper Gore and Joe Lieberman a loaded gun next time!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

What I can't understand is that major retailers were (are) not going to sell the game if it has nudity. They sell R rated DVD's with nudity and even sex. BMX XXX is targeting the adult gamers, they have the rating M for mature, just like movies have the rating R, meaning 17 or older. I guess fake little polygonal naked women is too much for them stores, yet they sell wholesome movies like American Pie.

Some of the retailers I can see not selling it, like Toys R Us. But Best Buy? Best Buy sells Faces of Death on DVD (I know a majority of it was faked) and Erotic Survivor. Then there is their aisles and aisles of graphic PC games and questionable cd's. What's the big deal over some fake women?

Well, I can bet that WM is not going to carry any copy of this game, for any system.

This sounds to me like another Valkirye Wylde. It was a concept for a PS1 game. A Tomb Raider style, with a completely naked women. There premise was, if you were guarding some treasure in a tomb somewhere, and a naked women came around the corner, what would you do??? Hesitate and get yourself killed from surpise and . . . . uh . . . . .other distracting issues

And WHY in the name of the Maker would you make a topless BMX game??????? I'm sorry, but if that was to actually happen, I fell sorry for the girls. THAT has got to HURT!!!!! I really do not see a connection to topless girls, and BMX, besides just another way to sell the crap outta something.

And then we're going to get the female gamers, (yes guys, they are out there )in an uproar and then we are going to see a bottomless game of somesorts for them.

When will they ever quit!?!?!?!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    And then we're going to get the female gamers, (yes guys, they are out there )in an uproar and then we are going to see a bottomless game of somesorts for them.

When will they ever quit!?!?!?!
    I suppose it could be worse. Especially with games like "Custer's Revenge" out there.

It's cool with me. I'm not down with those monkey faced Olsen twins having a video game, but it happened. I'm not going to buy this BMX game, because those bike and skate games aren't for me. I see a connection between the two things, teenage boys. That's why any game is made, to make money. No different than creating games like Biohazard or GTA. They each bring something unique, and disturbing to some people, to the gamers' table.

Valkyre Wild was actually an April Fools Day joke in PSM.

We used to get many, MANY calls about that game when I worked at EB. It was crazy!
    Last edited by QLD; 11-08-2002 at 08:25 PM.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"