View Poll Results: Are you stocking up on Star Wars now that bargains can be found?

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm buying for myself.

148 50.00%
  • Yes, I'm buying gifts for fans I know.

12 4.05%
  • No, I've pretty much bought all I want already.

136 45.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I AM SO PROUD TO BE ONE OF THE EIGHT PEOPLE (SO FAR) WHO HAVE USED THE OPPORTUNITY TO SCORE INEXPENSIVE FIGURES AS A WAY TO SPREAD THE FORCE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

THIS WEEKEND I WAS ABLE TO BUY A TON OF FIGURES AT LOW LOW PRICES WHICH I INTEND TO DONATE AS GIFTS FOR LESS FORTUNATE CHILDREN.
    AS A STROKE OF LUCK, I FOUND 7 SILVER R2 D2 FIGURES ON THE RACK. THEY EACH RANG UP FOR ONE CENT (7 CENTS AFTER TAX). I'M SURE THE CHILDREN WHO RECIEVE THEM WILL BE OVERJOYED. THE FORCE WAS WITH ME.

I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO GIVE THOSE TO NEEDY CHILDREN WHO WILL APPRECIATE THEM MORE THAN GREEDY SCALPERS WHO WILL ONLY EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF SELLING THEM TO COLLECTORS FOR INFLATED PRICES.

WHEN YOU GIVE STAR WARS FIGURES AS GIFTS, IT EXPOSES PEOPLE TO OUR HOBBY WHO MIGHT NOT OTHERWISE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EXPERIENCE THE ENJOYMENT WE GET FROM STAR WARS. AS A RESULT OUR HOBBY GROWS.

IN THIS DAY AND AGE, WHERE THE DARK SIDE IS SO STRONG, IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE AT LEAST A FEW OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING FIGURES AS GIFTS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

The best deals that I've found by far were at Wizards of the Coast. I bought a bunch of Battle droids for $1 each, Jedi Starfighter for $10, several stormtrooper builder sets for $7 each, Opee w/ Qui-Gon for $5, various other pegwarmers (E2 Jar Jar, E1 Mace, POTJ Han Solo, POTF2 Leia endor Celebration, etc.) ranging from $.50 to $3.00. I majorly expanded my armies for $150. All in all I think it was the greatest bargain of the season.
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

I just picked up 30 battle droids for $3.00 each for my droid army
    at a sirstevesguide advertiser
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I voted no. We have everything thats been released so far except the TRU Luke Taun Taun 12 inch. I did pick up 3 extra clone pilots for 2.99 at TRU on black Friday.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Question

Originally posted by groundhog7s
    I voted yes. Friday morning I was at the local TRU and picked up 6 Gunship Pilots and 3 Ephant Mon's, all for $2.99 a piece. And the pilots look incredibly cool in the Gunship I got the weekend before for $12. I know I'm probably already hated (and this is just my first post).
    Where did you get a Gunship for $12? I would by five at that price!

I voted no, because I am out of money and can't buy any more stuff. I probably should have voted yes because I have spent a bunch over the last month or so on bargain deals at Target, TRU and several online dealers. I was mostly army building. I got a ton of clones for 3 bucks from several retailers.

I also voted no because I don't need anything except the destroyer droid and council chair yoda.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the
    fool that follows it?