View Poll Results: Do you want a new Star Wars Cartoon Series?

Voters
509. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

439 86.25%
  • No

70 13.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are you interested in a new Star Wars Cartoon Series?

With over 70 posts in a forum thread about a possible Clone Wars cartoon series, we want to ask our readers if they want any animated series in general.

Vote a simple "yes" or "no" and then you can state your reasons, preferences, etc. by posting them in the thread below.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would love to see a Clone Wars series, something focused on the wars, and not so much on the Jedi themselves. Clones vs. the Geo Warriors type stuff.

It would have to be somethign that avoids getting tangled up with the movies. Sort of an EU thing. That way all of the "cannon-ites" can stay happy.
    May the force be with you.

I reserved the priviledge of "leading off" on this one to state the following:

I want a series that is serious like the GI Joe cartoon was, or like the Batman Animated series is done. It deals with mature plots that are sophisticated enough for adult taste, and no cutsie stuff or physical comedy routines characteristic of the old Ewoks and Droids cartoons, or JarJar Binks in The Phantom Menace.

Furthermore:

I would like a series based on any of the following:

Knights of the Old Republic (especially Ulic Qel Droma & Exar Kun)

Jedi Apprentice (young Obi-Wan with Qui-Gon)

Jedi Quest (young Anakin Skywalker with Obi-Wan)

The Clone Wars

Bounty Hunter

Young Han Solo's Adventures (Underworld with Chewie and Lando)

Rebel Dawn (the formation of the Alliance, and Princess Leia)

Jedi Academy (Master Luke Skywalker training Kyp Durron's class)

Young Jedi Knights (Jaina and Jacen's, as well as Anakin Solo's adventures)

New Jedi Order (the war with the Yuuzhan Vong that destroys the galaxy!)

And I'd just as much support a live-action TV series with real people being cast, as much as I'd like a cartoon. The idea is more Star Wars, that's done right, not whether it is animated or not.

*but if they can have Jan Duursema animate it, that'd be a huge plus!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    I want a series that is serious like the GI Joe cartoon was, or like the Batman Animated series is done. It deals with mature plots that are sophisticated enough for adult taste, and no cutsie stuff or physical comedy routines characteristic of the old Ewoks and Droids cartoons, or JarJar Binks in The Phantom Menace.
    I voted "no" with the assumption that it would be done all cutesy-like. If it had a serious edge to it, as you describe, then maybe.

Although, I could see kids enjoying a Saturday morning Ewoks program again if done right. Those things are kind of cartoony to begin with. But I honestly can't envision any of the Clone Wars entities as simple 2D characters.

I voted no because one of the big reasons that Star Wars has remained so popular is that it hasn't been over-exposed. The quickest way too kill a franchise is to over-do it (ask anyone who used to like Star Trek). I stay away from pretty much all of the novels and comics for that reason. I like the movies as they are, and I think that filling in every little gap in the Star Wars universe (which is what will most likely happen with a TV series) will just cheapen the stuff that made us enjoy it so much to begin with. Sometimes less is more.

Originally posted by NRPeace
    I voted no because one of the big reasons that Star Wars has remained so popular is that it hasn't been over-exposed. The quickest way too kill a franchise is to over-do it (ask anyone who used to like Star Trek). I stay away from pretty much all of the novels and comics for that reason. I like the movies as they are, and I think that filling in every little gap in the Star Wars universe (which is what will most likely happen with a TV series) will just cheapen the stuff that made us enjoy it so much to begin with. Sometimes less is more.
    Yes, I agree. Please, NO OVERKILL!

I'd be a fan of a clone war cartoon. It would definitely keep and create interest in the line
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I voted yes to this question, but yes in the sense it would be a Clone Wars cartoon.

I agree that over exposure kills any property. Star Trek happens to be a good example right now. I think anyone can write a ST book as long as they know how to type. However, if they give it a rest for a few years, I think they could bring in a new movie or series.

Back to the SW cartoon... I too do not want anything kid driven. I think that's the problem w/ Transformers Armada. If it is mature based like Joe, but better animation, I think it will appeal to a large audience.

Also, I believe sticking w/ the Clone Wars is a good idea b/c that is fresh in most people's minds when talking SW.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I totally agree with the Clone Wars idea. Not a kiddie cartoon, but something that's true to the movies (prequel's preferred) and as long as it stays along those lines it'll be great I bet. Oh yeah, all CGI too.Those are my preference's but whatever they come up with I will like. Hell, it's more Star Wars baby!

I voted YES. As long as it's not cornny, not an overkill, and they try to keep the main characters out (don't need to ruin the storyline of the movies and stir up more unanswered questions). It would be cool if they did it with digital animation- like they did with Transformers and others that I've seen not too long ago.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!