View Poll Results: What type of Star Wars stories would you prefer LucasArts stick with in the future

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Games based primarily on the movie stories.

98 46.23%
  • Games based primarily on the Expanded Universe stories.

58 27.36%
  • Games based on original stories created by LucasArts themselves.

56 26.42%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What type of Star Wars stories would you prefer LucasArts stick with in the future?

There's a lot happening in the world of Star Wars video gaming. What there is even more of is cash-register receipts as evidence that tell a success story for Lucas Arts games that proves fans are buying these games so fast that it's like they are cloning themselves as "Slave-One" to Lucas Arts' "hard mechandise."

So what makes the most successful Star Wars video game?

What do the fans dig the most?

Do you prefer games based primarily on the movie stories? Attack of the Clones, The Phantom Menace, Obi-Wan, Jedi Power Battles, Rebellion, and Force Commander are all examples of games that follow the movie storylines, or are loosely based on them.

Do you like games based primarily on the Expanded Universe Stories even better? These are games that coincide with books, comics, and graphic novels such as Shadows of the Empire, Knights of the Old Republic, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and The Clone Wars and offer a lot of new dimensions to the Star Wars storyline.

Or do you like best the games based on original stories created by LucasArts themselves? These are games like Jedi Starfighter, Rogue Squadron, Masters of Tera Kasi, Rebel Assault, X-wing: Alliance, TIE Fighter, and Bounty Hunter.

Mark your vote and then let's talk about your preference in Star Wars games!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I voted for original stories created by LucasArts because Bounty Hunter falls in that catagory and it's the best game yet. My other favorites are Masters of Tera Kasi (Mortal Kombat version of SW), Jedi Power Battles, Shadows of the Empire, Podracer, and Jedi Starfighter. I also still enjoy ANH, ESB, and ROTJ from Super Nitendo.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I voted for the Expanded Universe because my favorite games are Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight II. But I also really enjoy games from the 3rd category like Rogue Squadron, Bounty Hunter, etc.

I really like X-Wing vs. Tie fighter and Rouge Squadron; pretty much any game where I get to fly the ships. Are there any more games like this?

i enjoy the expanded universe games. but i also like games of real time strategy controlling armies like star wars galactic battle ground and it's expansion pack and star wars rebellion.

notible mention: playing the "classic" star wars xwing on the 386/486 pc's was a big thrill! a resurgence of the star wars bug coming back into me.

I had to go with option 3, but I really like the Dark Forces series. I'm a big first person shooter fan, so the Dark Forces series fits well with me. But I really like to old X-Wing and TIE fighter games, as well as the new Starfighter and Jedi Startfigter as well as Racer and Racers Revenge. Those games all rock. I can't believe all the "Movie Based" votes. I love the idea of games based on movies, but most all of the recent ones are terrible games. The best is the old Vector graphics Star Wars Arcade. That and the original trilogy series on SNES were good. And who can forget The Empire Strikes back for Atari 2600? I must have destroyed a million AT-AT's and they still got the Hoth base every time

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I like to see EU locations brought to life, so I went with the second choice. Jedi Outcast is my favourite SW game yet.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

I haven't been able to play anything post-Dreamcast (Bounty Hunter looks cool!). But I really loved Dark Forces back on the PS1. Man, I remeber a lot of long nights over that one.

Rouge Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, and Jedi Power Battles were all fun games to me too, but I really got into Dark forces for some reason!

I voted for expanded universe games cause I really like Jedi Knight 1 and 2, Dark Forces, Racer (although you could say that it's based on the movie story-line) and Shadows Of The Empire
    all great games
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

My absolute all time favorite is TIE Fighter for the PC. I figure that it counts as a game based on the classic storyline. The newer games for the consoles just don't feel as real the older PC games.