Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally posted by Banthaholic
    From what I've read only the 4 Dulok figures were released on Canadian Cards. The two ewoks are only availabe on American cards.
    Here's my source
    http://www.ncf.ca/~cn333/ewoks.htm
    Sounds like those kids in Canada were spoiled!

I have King Gorneesh loose with coin. I bought it at TRU back around 1988 on clearance and only began to really appreciate it around the beginning of the summer. Until then it was still in my C-3PO collector's case.
    I love the Droids packaging style. I have the Side Gunner MISB and the artwork is fantastic. The randomness of the character selection for the art gives the whole package an odd and mysterious look. The ATL interceptor is a bit out of my price range right now but I've seen the artwork for that online and that has the same mysterious odd quality. The fact that nobody played with these toys only adds to the fun of having them now.
    Piett

I'm also now collecting the Droids series. I've found some VERY NICE unpunched figures on eBay for $40 - 50 each. Of course, I forsee the 2 Fromm's and Mr. Fett being the last ones to round out my collection due to their prices. But, I'll have 'em all when I'm done

J

Originally posted by stillakid
    Eventually, I want a complete loose Vintage collection, including the Ewoks and Droids figures. The newer stuff has kept my Star Wars budget busy though. One day....
    I must agree with StillAKid here, but an interesting fact for you Jangofart, I remember reading an interview with George Lucas a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... He originally intended for a scene of Wookies to come to the rescue of the rebels, but he could not work it in, then when ROTJ came along, here was his chance, only Chewbacca had been well established by then, so if you manipulate the word wookie, drop a few letters move the "e" to the front of the word, you have ewok. I dont remember much more of the interview to explain why they were small and cute little teddy bear looking creatures, like I said, the interview was a very long time ago... If anybody else remembers the interview, please help me out here. My memory just isn't what it used to be... Age can be a cruel joke sometimes...
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

Also, I chose to avoid the Ewok figures from the TV series because they had a different look to them... is that stupid or what? And I call myself a collector?!!!

I remember hearing that he originally wanted the Wookies on Endor, but he went with Ewoks instead. The Ewoks were more primitive in fighting to the Wookies plus it was easier to get a bunch of shorter people than taller people. If it was Wookies I believe the whole battle on Endor would have been different.

I myself was never interested in the Ewok figures from their show. I always just stuck to the movie line.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I agree kidhuman, they looked too much like cartoon characters, yes I know that is what they were