Hybrid View

When is too much???

At what point of time do those who read the spoilers realize (if you do) that you know too much about the movie? And do you still get excited over the movie?
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Y'know. I can't truly say how much is too much. When TPM was on its way out, The insider posted LOTS of pics and all it did was wet my whistle. Seeing all the characters and droids didn't ruin it for me at all. After all, you can read about something, but its nothing like seeing it in action.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

There can never be too much. I'll buy the figures and read the novel before the movie comes out so I'll pretty much know everything about the film before I see it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Nothing is too much for me. When TPM came out I knew what happened and I went to see it 10 time in theater. I expect to do the same for AotC.

while i value a good read, and that's just what 99% of all the spoilers have been, seeing the trailer on friday reconfirmed that reading something, and seeing it in all it's glory don't even begin to compair. i read the episode 1 book before the film, and still thoroughly enjoyed the movie-going experience.

you can never know too much, in my opinion.

Originally posted by master jedi
    Nothing is too much for me. When TPM came out I knew what happened and I went to see it 10 time in theater. I expect to do the same for AotC.
    No matter how much I read, hear or see before the film is released, it's still Star Wars and I'll see the movie hundreds of time. Every time better than the next.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Re: When is too much???

Originally posted by The Bald Ewok
    At what point of time do those who read the spoilers realize (if you do) that you know too much about the movie? And do you still get excited over the movie?
    I read all of the story that theforce.net posted but by the time AOTC comes out I'd have forgotten the plot of the film
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

You read about it, you see clips,but you never see the entire product until you see it at the movies or on video. Even then you might have to wait for the DVD.

I remember for me, learning about Maul's demise and then about Qui-Gon's demise (it was rumored, but when it became certain with the CD, that's when I really learned about it), those really impacted the film for me, that was too much info and I knew it was "too much" as soon as I read them.

As for Ep 2, I'm glad to say I have been holding back reading the big spoilers, so I haven't hit that "too much" level and hopefully I never will. I'd rather see the film without ANY spoilers at this point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For the most part, nothing I see or read spoils it for me, just makes me want to see more. The one exception was the Qui-Gon/Maul deaths that were listed on the soundtrack and what not. I didn't like knowing those two tidbits before hand.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."