Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: scale?

Er, uh...I've been, um, busy. That's it. Yeah, busy.

That's partly true, anyway. We moved out here in '92. I didn't have much desire to visit Disneyland anyway. The first kid showed up in '95. It seemed silly to go until he was old enough. Then the second in '98. Again, it seemed silly to go until she was old enough to appreciate it (especially at those prices )

But he hasn't been deprived. A friend of his was going so he went with their family. My wife went with her students on a schooltrip.

I just recently got an employee pass because of some of the freelance work I've been doing, which is how I got in to get the first wave of figs. I was going to hop on the ride at that time, but it was getting late in the day and I had to get back to the Valley before traffic really kicked in.

But on Wave 2, I'll make it a point to ride it! Any other ride recommendations before I go again?

Well, I'll tell you this, SPACE MOUNTIAN is a hell of a lot better than Star Tours. Star Tours is a ride that everyone should do, but it's way out dated. It sure would be cool if they would redue it. I'm not saying it bad, but I've been no better. If you like roller coasters you will love SPACE MOUNTIAN!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

If you go to California adventure, go on Soarin over California, that ride kicks! you also need to check out the screamer if you go there. Indiana jones is a really fun ride in Disneyland as is The Haunted mansion if you go at Christmas time.
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

StillAKid, you have some figures I have never seen before, are they part of the next wave of figures coming out? I.E. the droid standing next to R2D2.
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

Guess I am NOT the collector I thought I was, I have seen many things this last week, that I didnt even know was out there.

Originally posted by JediDBM
    StillAKid, you have some figures I have never seen before, are they part of the next wave of figures coming out? I.E. the droid standing next to R2D2.
    JediDBM, thats not R2-D2, that's clear dome R3-D3 and the one next to him is R4-M9. Hey, don't worry about not know everything, just ask.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by JediDBM
    All the figures in the picture are Star Tours, except for Padme and Palpatine. The little ship in the front is one of those "pull back and let it go" toys that resembles the ship you sit in for the ride.

Originally posted by stillakid
    The little ship in the front is one of those "pull back and let it go" toys that resembles the ship you sit in for the ride.
    The Starspeeder 3000. The pull-back is pretty accurate except for weathering, the wheels (obviously), and the center "vane" thing which is longer on the real mccoy. I opened up one of my pull-backs and removed the wheels, it looks fantastic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thanks for the info all

How long will Disney have these figures?

Is it something they intend to have for a while, or is it on a production schedule like the rest of the figs produced by Hasbro?
    Starcruiser... crash!