Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would NE1 be interested in joining a SSG's gaming Clan for online games?

I was thinking about creating a clan for fellow SSG'ers for online games. Not just Star Wars stuff, but all online games form Unreal and Quake to Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies.

I was wanting to know who all would be interested, and what games they play online. I would set up our own web page, and we could create a Clan Charter. Plus we need to think of a name of our clan, and we can invite other people who are not SSG frequenters (frequenters- is that a word?).

Anyow- I'd like to get some feed back on this before I spend a lot of time on it to only have 2 or 3 people join.

=MATT=

Well I would definately be interested. Plus, with a clan, it would make me interested in games that I normally wouldn't bother with.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Well, I think I'll definately make a clan for Star Wars Galaxies for fellow SSG members. I might even start working on it this weekend even though no one knows when the game will come out- release dates for video games are jokes. I guess I/We need to think up a good clan name. I'd like to use something that we can use for all online games, and not just Galaxies.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I don't have a very high end machine (Celoron 400, 256 MB RAM), but I do have DSL...I played an old versions of Unreal and Quake. Diablo II has worked fine on my computer--multiplayer and single player. Half-life works good on my computer, but got jumpy when I played on Gamespy.

So it comes down to this: which game would run best on my computer and which games are free to play online? I know Galaxies is out.

I've never played (or know anything about) Everquest, but I'm not against playing new games.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

What kind of video card you have is just as important as your CPU nowadays, Rogue. What's in your PC?

J

I just upgraded a this summer and I can't remember what I put in there. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was better than what I had. I'll have to look for the specs and post it this tonight.

Most of the new PC games cannot run on anything below a P3- which is 500 Mhz I believe. But like Jango put it, if you have a CPU that barely meets the requirements, a good Video Card will help you out. Of course Galaxies will be out for Xbox and PS2 as well. I wonder if you can play online across platforms? That would be cool.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Well, my video card is 32MB SDRAM. Maybe I'll just catch up with you guys this spring when I get a new computer. My wife said we should buy a new computer with our tax return.

To make a clan for something like Galaxies wouldn't every one have to choose the same affiliation- alliance or empire?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Originally posted by Rogue II
    I don't have a very high end machine (Celoron 400, 256 MB RAM), but I do have DSL...
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!