Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the scale of the Action Fleet Escape Pod? I want to custom one to 3.75"scale

Or is there a book that shows some detailed drawings.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I think in the visaul dictionary of the ships of the OT there is a inside view of the pod, at least I think so
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

4" figs are 1/18th scale. Since the Action Fleet figs are just over 1", that'd make them approximately 1/72nd scale but that doesn't sound quite right. Let's do this in metric, that might help

Hasbro figs are around 10cm tall.
    Action Fleet figs are 3cm tall.
    Hasbro figs are 1/18th scale.
    Therefore, Action Fleet are 3.33 times smaller in scale, so Action Fleet is around 1/60th scale.

Hmm, that's confusing... I suggest just using the AF pod as a template and going 3.5 or 4 times up, then the only risk is you've made it slightly too big.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

OK that sounds good. So if AF Pod is 3" long overall, then I would make it somewhere between 10-12" long. Thanks. Now I need to figure out what materials I need to use. Wood, foam board?
    (Like my posts)

Heres a nice blueprint of the Escape Pod.

http://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.ph...e&group=update

Just click on Blueprints at the top, then SW on the left. Then SW Rebel. First one in second row.

This site also has a TON of other blueprints for SW stuff.

I'd guess plastics and foam board, but I'm no customizer. Also, it'd probably make a difference depending on what you were using it for, if it was for any level of play, then stay away from foam board and such. Heck, you might be able to find a plastic bucket or small barrel that's around the right size for a starting point.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

OK guys, I figured it out. Heres a drafting of a 3.75" scale Pod with R2 and 3PO to scale. All measurments were taken from the Action Fleet pod and multiplied by 3.5" Heres a photo. Tell me what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	4827  
    (Like my posts)

I assume you meant 3.5 percent rather than 3.5 inches, yes?

Looks very good. If you are so inclined, I think you could get away with making it a little less long (nose to engines) if you wanted to skimp a bit. Can't wait to see more.

It looks like it is almost the size of a 2 liter bottle. You might be able to use that as a base.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I assume you meant 3.5 percent rather than 3.5 inches, yes?

Looks very good. If you are so inclined, I think you could get away with making it a little less long (nose to engines) if you wanted to skimp a bit. Can't wait to see more.
    Yeah JT I meant %. I kinda thought it looked a bit long. Someone at RS said it should be 12", mine it 14". Oh and the bottle Idea is great. Any Ideas on the engines?
    (Like my posts)