Droids Freaks read this!

Hey, guys and gals.

I was just smurfin' the web and came across this auction on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1922842147

They are some VERY good looking custom R2 and other R units. Check 'em out for your diorama.

J

Not bad.

I've already customed the grey R2, and I just finished the Red/white R3.

I will admit that the Grey R2 in the auction is better than mine because I used the "Saber Launching" R2. Maybe I'll pick up a cheap Saga R2 and make a new one.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

The only thing "customizing" I've even done is take a small drill bit to Qui-Gon's gut so I could make a little fight scene with Maul's saber through Qui-Gon. You can kind of see it here: (upper-right of the picture)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/...t=1&thecat=500

But, I do know good work when I see it and the front and back of those droids look great. Post some pics of yours, Rogue.

J

See, I wish Hasbro would do some more of these. About 2 per year.

They've been REALLY good about it since 2000:

red R2 (red from Royal Starship) - 1999
    R2B1 (blue) - 2000
    R2-Q5 (black) - 2001
    R4-M9 (dark green / white POTJ's last asst.) - 2002
    R3-T7 (yellow) - 2002
    R3D3 (white / blue Star Tours) - 2002
    R4-M9 (green variant Star Tours) - 2002
    R4-?? (black from Imperial 4-pack) -2003
    R5-?? (white / red Star Tours) - 2003

Now on this guy's e-Bay auction, the red R3 is from the first Death Star, when Vader says "We'll have to destroy them ship to ship - get the crews to their fighters!"

There is a green R3 or R2 that you see at a distance, while Obi-Wan is wandering the halls of the Death Star.

There is also a blue R3-D3 there in the Death Star, too.

The orange R5 is from Mos Eisley.

The grey R2 that he did is an Imperial droid that accompanied R4-M9 on board the Tantive IV to hack the Rebel's computers in trying to locate the Death Star's plans.

The black R5 is from the Death Star II and the Emperor's Arrival scene.

He is wrong about one thing: none of them that he made are from ESB!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thumbs up

Nice breakdown of the astromechs we've gotten to date, Tycho. A new and accurate R5 is seriously needed at this point, so I hope the reports on a new one this year pan out. A new R5-D4 was rumored for last year but didn't happen. Along with the ones you pointed out, and the large number of R2 & R5 units seen in Episode I on the Queen's ship and in the pod repair pit and on jabba's balcony, there are tons of astromech units out there left to be made. Hasbro has the tooling, so it would cost them next to nothing to pump out 3-4 repainted units a year, and give us brand new characters. It's really a no-brainer for them.

Tycho, that green R3 droid is actually silver with black detailing, you're right about the blue one. It's behind some stormtroopers somewhere. just a blip in a scene. There are seven astro droids in the Emperors arrival scene. Six behind a mass of troopers and stood next to the probe droid. And there's one hidden behind more troopers as Vader and Palpy walk and talk.

Let's not forget that there are two white astro droids with maroon markings in the rebel briefing room. One is an R5 and the other an R3. They appear near to where 2-1B is standing.

The possibilities for cool astromechs is limitless and all we get is dull boring R2-D2 resculpts. Thank the maker Hasbro actualy got around to making an R4 droid and an R3 droid. Now there is at least a little variation for customisers. Just need that R5 now and an R1-G4, customising an R1 would be cool.

I whole heartedly agree! What sucks is that they put out the worst figure ever made, and they just did it to us now: Flying R2D2! Somebody help us....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Okay these repaints in the auction are nauseatingly cool. Seriously, I would have totally bought these had I caught them back in the day.

Get off your butts, Hasbro! Give me an R5-D4.