Decide what TF will be the 20th Aniv. figure!

Hasbro wants YOU to decide what BRAND NEW figure they will make for the 20th aniversary of Tranformers. Just take this 5 question survey and thats it!

http://www.transfandom.net/matrix/na...ote.php?surv=1

I voted for Optimus Prime. He is the most recognizable TF, and should be the figure we get on the 20th Aniversary of Transformers.

What do you want?

Reading the site, it sounds more like a poll that someone came up with, and not an official poll. Just read the question it's self.

1. If Hasbro were to produce an anniversary release figure, what would you like to see?

It's an un-official site. If Hasbro was going to run a 20th Anniversary poll, it would be on their official site. That being said, I would love to see Megatron remade as the Walther P-38.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-08-2002 at 11:37 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The poll IS official. The site was contacted by Hasbro and asked to put the poll up. While it is odd that they aren't conducting it themselves, I think it was explained in the corresponding news update which you can look at here.

Thanks for the update. The fact that a fan site was running a poll for Hasbro was odd. But they don't have a dedicated Transformers site like they do Star Wars. Gonna go with Megatron, since I would love to see them re-issue the Walther p-38 version of him. That was such a cool toy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Transformers.com is Hasbro's TF site, granted, it's a crummy site, but it's still akin to the SW.hasbro site.

I voted for Soundwave, though I'd especially like Soundwave with all the various cassettes included (repaint cassettes not needed though IMO). I think of all the G1 toys, Soundwave was the coolest, even his batteries transformed! Plus, Optimus was just released and Hasbro had to mangle him to conform with modern safety regs, I can't imagine that being an issue with Soundwave.

I'm pretty disappointed with so many people voting for an electronic feature, those too often ruin a good Transformer. Other than that though, the poll results seem pretty much how I voted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Plus, Optimus was just released and Hasbro had to mangle him to conform with modern safety regs, I can't imagine that being an issue with Soundwave.
    This isn't going to be a reissue, but a brand new toy. So I voted Prime.

Oh, don't know what I was thinking there, I totally missed the line about being all-new. To be honest, as an "all new" figure, I'd take Optimus, Megs, Soundwave, or Starscream if they were good designs. Optimus is the heart of Transformers for many folks though, so that's probably the best choice.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

And the winnah is.... Optimus Prime. (Duh!)

So its possible we could see a new G1 Prime in 2004/5.

If they go ahead with the sound effects, I hope they make it simple and just have: Transforming sound, Peter Cullen saying "Autobots, transform and roll out!", and the same sound effect used for Prime's G1 rifle

I hope Optimus gets a cooler trailer.