Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Yoda's Electronic Lightsaber Revealed!!

StarWars.Hasbro.Com updated again today, now showing off the upcoming Yoda's Electronic Lightsaber. Looks very cool, I may have to actually pick one of these up. Even cooler news, is that they are also going to show more collection 1 figures this week. I'm sure Sir Steve will have the news up soon, just wanted to give everyone a thread to discuss it in.

BATTLE AS YODA!
    Dec 09, 2002
    Introducing Yoda's Electronic Lightsaber. Now you can battle with the power of the greatest Jedi Master. Relive the hangar battle on Geonosis with Darth Tyranus with the weapon of the coolest action hero from Attack of the Clones. Authentically designed and detailed, Yoda's lightsaber features real lightsaber sounds, has an extendable light up blade for crash-and-bash play, and has a belt clip so you're always ready for action.

Yoda's lightsaber is scheduled to be available in early 2003. Check back in a few days for a sneak peak at some more new Collection 1 basic figures!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yoda lightsaber.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	4712  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Woo! Actually, Yoda's is the only saber I want. Small enough to conceal about your person and surprise annoying people with, like those extendable police batons, just whip it out and beat them around for a bit then zip it back into a pocket and act nonchalant. pity it's not around before christmas while I'm out shopping it might have proved useful.....

I've heard a lot of people cast aspersions on the electronic lightsabers, and perhaps they do in fact tend to clog the shelves for an inordinately long time ... BUT MY 2.5 YEAR OLD LOVES THEM!!!
    Dar Basra

Hey, looks cool! I like the mini blade.
    I can't wait to see how they screw up the new Han in a few days.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Dar Basra, I don't think as many people would dislike them if Hasbro put a bit more quality into them. Maybe making them a bit more detailed and more to scale. Not asking for Prop replica detailing, but they could make them a bit less big around. The Yoda one atleast looks to scale.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

This lightsaber is one I'm willing to buy!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I can't wait to see how they screw up the new Han in a few days.
    No matter how well done the figure is, people are going to complain anyway. Especially about the color of the coat. The coat in reality is a choclate brown, like on the 12" figure. You can clearly see that when it's out in natural light for exterior scenes. But in Echo Base, due to the lighting and such the coat appears to be blue on some occassions.

So if Hasbro makes it the proper brown color, people that think it's blue because the vintage one was blue will complain. And if Hasbro makes it blue, then the people that know that it's really brown will complain. Best thing for Hasbro to do, would be to do a running change. Do 50% in Brown and then 50% in Blue. But since they won't do that, let's hope they atleast do it in the correct brown.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The coat color is the least of our worries when you consider what spasm action they might inflict on the figure, what bizarre ballet or Tai chi pose he might be forced to endure. One can only hope that they've found a decent way round having him with his hood up or down. It's a collection one figure so there's hope for a collection two version at some point if it is indeed the hoth version. hasbro has only said Han Solo without specifying which outfit or location.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Woo! Actually, Yoda's is the only saber I want. Small enough to conceal about your person and surprise annoying people with, like those extendable police batons, just whip it out and beat them around for a bit then zip it back into a pocket and act nonchalant. pity it's not around before christmas while I'm out shopping it might have proved useful.....
    I literally laughed my butt off at that one Jargo!!!! I would have loved to do that during Black Friday with all those darn annoying customers. Just walk up and randomly WACK someone with that and then walk away. They would never know!!!! HA HA HA HA HAH AH HA HA HAH AH HAH AH HA HAH

Thanx for the laugh Jargo . . . . I needed it . . . . . I also need a vacation, but I don't think you can really help on that one
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Awesome! Looks like a really cool toy. Since it's smaller, I wonder if it'll be $19.99?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett