Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone use Muscle Tech products??

I was wondering if anyone in here uses Muscle Tech products and supplements. If so tell me what you use and what results you've had. We take Hydroxycut, Cell-Tech, and Nitro-Tech. If you use any other sups or stack other sups fill me in on how they worked for you.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I guess no one works out in here eh?? LOL

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Well, I don't have any information for you, but I do work out. I read your post and I actually have some questions for you .
    I did weight training at the gym for several months, but never seem to put on muscle mass. I tried protein drinks, but no result.

What is this Muscle Tech you speak of, also what is Hydroxycut, and the other "Tech" supplements?

Proper weight training is more complicated then just lifting weights. There are so many different steps you need to take to build muscle mass. Were you working a different muscle group each time you went to the gym. Example: Thursday you worked youlr bi's and tri's, Friday your back, Saturday your calves, hammys and quads etc? What was your routine like? Were you feeding your body and muscles properly?? How much protein were you getting? What was your diet like? Were you doing cardio also?? There is so much more to building muscle then just lifting weights. IMHO supplements are one of the most importaint thing. The Muscle Tech products in my opinion are the best on the market. The Hydroxycut is wonderful. Nitro-Tech is kind of like a mass building shake you mix that has alot of protein. You have to have protein, and plenty of it, to build and feed your muscles. There are different kinds of protein. Example: red meat, egg white etc....but Nitro-Tech is a fantastic source of protein which increases mass and strength. The Cell-Tech is alittle more techical. It has creatine in it, which you've probably heard of, and alpha lipoic acid. This builds muscle size and strength. I know this sounds complicated but it's really not. You just need to know how to train properly and how to eat and feed your muscles properly. Deadication is a must also. If your really interested in trying to gain mass again and want some advice please feel free to ask. Between my husband and I we could more then likely answer any question you have.
    One importaint note.....if you buy the products I spoke of read the labels and use then as directed.

Hey thanks for the info. My training schedule was pretty messed up now that you mention it. I basically did the same muscle groups each visit and didn't alternate days or anything. I really didn't know anything about it, I guess.

To answer some of your questions:

I worked the same muscle groups every visit, and would do cardio "sometimes".

I tried to feed my muscles and body properly, but nutrition is a foreign concept to me. Long story short: in early 2001 I weighed 220 pounds at a height of 5' 11''. Overweight, I was! I got down to 155 by June of 2002 by cutting my caloric intake in less than half and doing cardio 3x a week.
    Now that I look back, I was starving myself. This fall, just after I joined the gym, I got tired of feeling dizzy all the time and started eating more, (including meat, which I had excluded for it's fat content), now I'm back up to 170 and haven't been to the gym in about a month and a half due to college and child and work pressures.

I do intend to return to the gym, though, and this Cell-Tech stuff sounds pretty good. I'm not a "health nut"; I like to drink about every 2 weeks or so, but I would like to be a bit more beefy in areas besides my stomach. I have a really weird body type, naturally muscular legs, my midsection tends to attract most of the adipose tissue, and my upper body is that of Charlie Chaplin's "The Little Tramp." (scrawny)

The world of health products can be confusing. I remember going to GNC and trying in vain to find something that would help, only to be confused by the vast array of "health" products. I thank you for your information, and apologize for the length of this response, the color of my hair, the state of the world, and various other things beyond my control. end of post.

Starving yourself not a good way to go at all. You have to eat. You have to listen to your body. I think thats where alot of people go wrong. Your body is like a machine. You need to take care of it. Most people I know take better care of there car then they do themselves. Red meat is a good source of protein. There isnt anything wrong with that but you wouldnt want to sit down and eat a 10 pound t-bone. From what your saying about your body type your lucky you have good legs already. I have good calves, quads and hammys but most folks dont and they are hard to build. For your upper body you could break it down into groups and work each group once a week or so. Regular excercise and hydroxycut would slim down your belly and Nitro-Tech would help you gain mass. Cell-Tech would help you loose weight and gain muscle. You dont have to go to a gym for a work out. You could work your back, shoulders, arms with just a curly bar and some free weights. Watch out for all the products at GNC. Alot make claims they cant and dont back up. Muscletech is the best way to go. Good luck.

hey jedi master silas,

have you ever heard of mike mentzer? if not, i bet you're familiar with his most successful padawan, dorian yates?

to make a long story short, mentzer has proven that 99% of those in bodybuilding are chronic overtrainers. thru research, he determined that the most a person needs to train is every 72-96 hours.

as for supplements, i'm rather skeptcal, as most of them are endorsed by pro-bodybuilders who take enough steriods and who knows what else to genetically alter their DNA

i've read good things about creatine from others, but had no results myself from using it.

www.mikementzer.com
    Last edited by derek; 12-10-2002 at 11:04 PM.

Yes Derek I sure do. Well first I dont think one mans way of training is the key to other people success. I dont agree with the 72-96 hour thing at all. I do agree with not training the same muscle group that closely together. Um I think some folks do overtrain...that goes back to the old saying about if alittle is good then alot is better. I've saw a man tear his quad away from his bone. Not a pretty site. I dont believe in forced reps at all. I do believe that natural body building with non steroid sups , good nutrition and a workout routine made for each individual person will and can work. I'm living proof of that and so is my husband. People make the mistake of not being totally dedicated. They buy the wrong sups or train wrong. You need to do some research, know the muscle groups and pay attention to your body. Creatine is good but it needs to be stacked with alpha lipoic acid. Be skeptical about sups...we were. We tryed several. The only one that works well are the Muscletech products. I know this for a fact because we use them and they work. I was very skeptical but after my first week I lost 12 pounds and added 30 more pounds to my non-maxing bench press reps. I'm talking about solid reps..not just maxing out with one rep. That was just my first week. Adding 30 pounds may not be alot for a man but I am a woman. My husband's bi's and tri's are getting much bigger and he's getting ripped. He was already muscular but his gains and cuts are awesome. Anyway...I dont beleive in the roid taking insulin shooting bunch of crap folks do. We know a few men that have there pro cards and dont "juice up". What people starting out dont understand is that you need to feed your body, get massive protein (the right kind) and train smart. Just do your research before you try certain sups and follow directions and trust me Derek if you use them right the Muscletech items I listed work.

I have participated in the testing of Xenadrine and Hydroxycut and neither product did a thing for me except get me agitated. I can tell you for certain that I have a little more weight in my midsection than I would like, but it is very resistant to everything! I do loads of cardio and eat properly and it still doesn't budge. I'm not certain if my body was resistant to either product or what, but they did not work!

Creatine also did nothing for me.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Did you stack Hydroxycut with Nitro and Cell tech?? I dont beleive in the creatine hype unless its the Cell-Tech blend. I quess my hubby and I are lucky or something because it worked and continues to work for us but we workout every day and monitor our diet 24-7. That sucks JP. How long were you on Hydroxycut??? Dosage ? What wasyour physical routine like? Diet? Did you do crunches or oblique work?