Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Frozen in battle stance...

I know that we are really gonna be split on this, but I thought I'd open up the proverbial can of worms.

While I think the new Eeth Koth is great looking, so don't get me wrong there... however- I only have one gripe. We have all been complaining about the lack of articulation in the figures which doesn't allow us put the figures in "action poses". I can't even begin to tell you how equally annoyed I am when a figure is locked into "action position". There were the gripes about "one pose Jar-Jar" and it's true. What a total waste. I would love to have a true action figure that can be placed in active and passive stances.

I just can't see having this Eeth Koth figure as part of a Jedi Council diorama or sitting in a starship. This limits playability as well as the "stiff as boards" poses.

I'll LOVE seeing where this Thread goes... that is if anyone finds it interesting enough to comment on.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 08-17-2001 at 03:32 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

True, but

I have to agree that the battle pose is a bit odd, but i still think it is an awesome figure. I hope that the remaining council members won' be too far behind.

1.Yareal Poof
    2. Oppo Ransisc
    3. Yaddle
    4. Even Piell
    5. Depa Billaba
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Hmm, I't's a great pose, but on the wrong charactor. Eeth Koth didn't have an action seen in Episode I he just sat. This pose would be good on Qui-Gon, but he's been done too many times. But don't get me wrong it's a great figure, can't wait for it

Oh and one last thing I was kind of hopeing the Lightsaber would be blue.

Talking Yaay!

I am so happy! I like the pose and action figures should be in action, not sitting! I think it will be and is wonderful. But did you notice that Hasbro stated it was the FIRST of the figures with new lightsabers. That implies that there will be more. Either in Episode II figs, or when/if they complete the Council! OR BOTH!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Thumbs up

This was brought up in another thread. I am hoping for some kind of happy medium. Either a figure that can be posed fighting or sitting or two sculpts...one fighting and one sitting/standing passively.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Lightbulb

I think I could handle two sculpts of the Jedi, action and sitting position. But now we need a Jedi council playset...with all there chairs, and maybe they could slide through like witht the vintage Taun Taun and give the illusion of sitting?

I think Eeth Koth looks amazing right now. I bet he'll be the hardest to find for sure.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I'm not thrilled with this overposing of figures myself, my Plo Koon has a cool action pose NOW that I've given him one, but he is a versatile enough figure to give me the option of how badass he should be> Hasbro should not take that choice away by making over-posed statues.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Some people might consider the following a spoiler.....

I'm thinking that since the Jedi Council is supposed to see some action in Ep. II, that this figure is a preview of things to come. I think I heard that a new Plo Koon is rumored for next year, so maybe we'll have a series of butt-kicking Jedi Masters (and one Jedi Knight in Ki-Adi-Mundi).

I really dislike sculpted action poses, because you're limited to playing with/displaying the figures the way Hasbro intended. Not the way you want to.

You set them up, you look at them and that's about it. They're not open ended at all.

Of course, what I hate more is so much articulation that all you see is rivets and hinges all over your figure.

Personally, I never had a problem with the more neutral poses of the vintage line.

I really like this new figure. If his part is really big in the next picture then we may get a neutral resculpt but I'll be happy with this one. I'm sure Hasbro felt that they had to do something different with the plethora of brown robed Jedi that have his the pipeline in the last 2 years.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?