Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Build Your Own Lightsaber!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but here it is anyway. GH just posted a picture of the new Build Your Own Lightsaber kit from Hasbro. It looks damn cool to me. This is something I could have hours of fun with.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buildsaberproto.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	4729  
    Powdered Toast Man!

OMG, my kid would love this. Anyone know when this is coming out? What about attaching a blade?

Wow. That's currently listed for I think $55 or $60 at Entertainment Earth. I thought it was just gonna be TPM-canceled changing color lightsaber but wow, this is sweet. Looks like it's a mix of TPM/AOTC Obi-Wan, AOTC Anakin, Vader, and TPM Maces' sabers. No purple piece though for the blade coloring.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Wow. That's currently listed for I think $55 or $60 at Entertainment Earth.
    Ouch! I might as well buy stock in Hasbro, as much money as I throw at them. Since my son came of "action figure age", I've basically had to buy two of almost everything, since he actually plays with his toys instead of building shelf dioramas.

So this lightsaber is available now? Don't bother answering, I'll go check EE after I hit "submit."

wow that sets actually looks pretty good IMO, I always wanted a lightsaber replica, but the MR pieces are just to expensive and you would have to pick one
    with this set, you can make whatever saber you want at the moment, I can't wait to see some assembled pics
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

SWEET!
    And, hopefully, you can put two of the colors together to make purple, orange, and green sabers! That would be awesome!

Wow, I hadn't even heard of this product. Looks like Hasbro's really going to milk the lightsaber popularity. Yknow in my area atleast the lightsabers including the electronic ones are hot sellers. Even before the christmas season they flew off the shelves but now that it is christmas, boy are they ever going fast. We got a huge shipment in at the local walmart including the new generic orange and green jedi ones. There must have been 30 lightsabers on the shelves, and when I went back a few days ago there was only 2 left! So it's nice to see that the kids are having fun with the lightsabers.

This set looks like it could be a lot of fun, I can't wait to see more detailed pics and see how the parts can be combined.

This is looking very very cool, but I hope that it will be a little less expensive in the stores. The price tag over at Entertainment Earth is a bit high for my tastes. But it will definatly be a must buy if I can pick it up for around $40.00.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Wow this looks cool!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Cool, but I'll pass. I got to get a Annie FX saber! A friend has it and he says its awesome. Cool idea though.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)