Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Why does Anakin have a green lightsaber?

Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread, but do you think Obi-Wan gave Qui-Gon's saber to Anakin or something?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I hope so. That would be neat.

However, when he is fighting the sith lord in the trailer, he has a blue lightsaber, so who knows?

My only hope, though, is that G.L. does not forget that in E4, Obi-Wan gives Luke Anakin's lightsaber.

Sometime during the next two movies, I'm sure (fingers crossed) that we will see Anakin use "The Skywalker Lightsaber", and PERHAPS, even mention to Obi that he would like his son to have it when he is old enough.
    All your base are belong to us!

I can't wait to find out why he has the green saber. Plus, completely off this subject, I hope to find out why Yoda and Obi-wan disappeared at death (GL said Episode II would hint at that answer).
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Just speculation, but I think that has something to do with those two being prepared to die.

If you look at the way Obi, Yoda, & Qui Gon died, there is quite a contrast between the first two and the latter:

1 - Obi Wan: Put up his lightsaber and "accepted" his death.
    2 - Yoda: Said "soon will I forever sleep" then "accepted" his death.
    3 - Qui-Gon: Was in the middle of a fight, then WHAMMO, laser sword through the gut.

I think Qui-Gon just wasn't ready to die.

OR

Perhaps it is an "I have unfinished business" thing, what with Anakin "He is the One" Skywalker not having yet been properly trained yet.
    All your base are belong to us!

One other thing;

Vader knew that taking his mask off would quicker his death and he doesn't disappear but does appear at the end of RotJ like Obi-Wan and Yoda... So why did Obi-Wan and Yoda disappear but VADER(ANAKIN REDEEMED) DIDN'T, hopefully we'll find out soon.

Actually we don't really know if Vader disappeared or not. He could have vanished and Luke sealed the armor back up to burn his body in gesture only. We just don't see him vanish on screen. Or maybe the whole switching from dark to light thing caused a paperwork mix-up in the Force afterlife beauracracy and held up his vanishing for a few hours.

I think Anakin goes through a couple sabers in Ep2. However, I do not think the green one is Qui-Gonn's.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Actually we don't really know if Vader disappeared or not. He could have vanished and Luke sealed the armor back up to burn his body in gesture only. We just don't see him vanish on screen. Or maybe the whole switching from dark to light thing caused a paperwork mix-up in the Force afterlife beauracracy and held up his vanishing for a few hours.

I think Anakin goes through a couple sabers in Ep2. However, I do not think the green one is Qui-Gonn's.
    If Vader would have disappeared we would have seen it, Lucas didn't show him disappear and if he wanted us to see that, it would have been done.

I agree that will see Anakin probably go through at least two sabers; one green and one blue. After all we see both colors in the 'Breathing' teaser.

Seeing as this is the spoiler version of the page, but just forwarned that this is spoiler material, I'll leave some space....

Still with me? K, here goes,

The blue lightsabre you see anakin using when fighting doku is obi-wan's sabre. Anakin and Obi-Wan were fighting doku but then Obi-Wan gets knocked out, somewhere along the lines Anakin loses his and grabs Obi-Wans.

On a less confirmed report, during the fight, Anakin also gets taken out of the battle by Doku, leaving everyone defeated by Doku, except...Yoda. Yoda says he doesn't want to fight Doku but Doku attacks anyway. Yoda then fights Doku in as GL describes "an unbelievable transition from the Yoda we know to the Yoda you see when he fights." Finally we get to see Yoda fight, how cool.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Back to the disappearing thing. Maybe OB1 and Yoda die is because they willingly gave themselves unto death yet Qui-Gon and Anakin didn't.