Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    A good way to kill Star Wars....

    ...is to have a kid, wait until he's about 3 and a half and positive that the world revolves around him. Then purchase the Attack of the Clones DVD, and give in and let the kid tear into all your figures.
    Watching the same movie everyday would be bad enough, with any movie, but even worse is when your kid refuses to watch any other part of AOTC except the last 30 minutes of the film, starting when Mace Windu says "This party's over." Then when its over, he wants to watch it again. This cycle repeats itself until I can't take it anymore and inform him that we have to watch something else. I think on average, Since Nov. 12, I have watched the finale of AOTC about 5-6 times a day.
    It is absolutely impossible to suggest to him to watch any other part of the movie, or to watch any SW movie but AOTC.
    Damn you, GL, for making the new SW movie 90% boring dialogue (to kids) and 10% action.

    Somebody help me, SW is becoming annoying to me! I never thought I'd see the day.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I hear kids go for a good markup on ebay
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

  4. #4
    Um, Iwas thinking more of hypnosis or another approach. I don't want fully rid of him. I will need him in a few years to beat the scalpers to the new figures and punch them in the crotch for me.

  5. #5

    Re: A good way to kill Star Wars....

    Originally posted by Fulit
    ...is to have a kid, wait until he's about 3 and a half and positive that the world revolves around him. Then purchase the Attack of the Clones DVD, and give in and let the kid tear into all your figures.
    Watching the same movie everyday would be bad enough, with any movie, but even worse is when your kid refuses to watch any other part of AOTC except the last 30 minutes of the film, starting when Mace Windu says "This party's over." Then when its over, he wants to watch it again. This cycle repeats itself until I can't take it anymore and inform him that we have to watch something else. I think on average, Since Nov. 12, I have watched the finale of AOTC about 5-6 times a day.
    It is absolutely impossible to suggest to him to watch any other part of the movie, or to watch any SW movie but AOTC.
    Damn you, GL, for making the new SW movie 90% boring dialogue (to kids) and 10% action.

    Somebody help me, SW is becoming annoying to me! I never thought I'd see the day.
    Do what I did...I bought a Gamecube. That's 99% action and 1% setup. And it let's him play instead of just inertly watching the tube.

    But my problem is, when he does want to watch a Star Wars movie, it's usually TPM. Oy. I think it's because he likes that last lightsaber fight and hasn't really realized that he can skip ahead.

    I do like the "sell the kid" suggestion though.

  6. #6
    Well, of course I loved the end of the movie, but wait until your kid is older. I liked the romantic story because I'm interested in girls I also always like the ones that are unavailable, or are hard to get. That makes Anakin's story easy for me to relate to - that and also having a difficult to please mentor in politics and government.

    Once I invest more care and concern about the characters, then their predicament (for me it's especially in the droid factory actually) captures my concern and empathy for the characters - that and when Padme falls out of the gunship and Anakin wants to go back for her but Obi-Wan must confront Dooku and can't go the distance with him alone.

    But I also can't disagree with your son: this is the first time we've seen hundreds of Jedi in action, lightsabers drawn, in an all-out war of the warriors!

    We may or may not see that again, even in Episode 3. I think that movie will be tempered down some to fit well with ANH, but it will feel more like The Empire Strikes Back with the personal duels and Jedi hunting going on.

    AOTC's Battle for Geonosis may never be matched by another SW movie. But as a fan of land battles, Hoth was pretty darn good.

    New added scenes to the Battle of Hoth could insert more AT-AT's, and show some X-wings engage TIEs as the transports leave Hoth to escape through the Imperial blockade - adding an air battle element to it, so to speak.

    We could also see "All troops debark for ground assault," and watch as snowtroopers rappel off cable lines and cross 'no-man's land,' blasters firing! Snowspeeders could make runs at the snowtroopers and hand-to-hand combat could ensue in the trenches!

    OK, what was this thread about?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  7. #7
    stillakid, I have a Gamecube, do you happen to own Metroid Prime? There is a part in this game that has me tearing my hair out, it is so unattainable. LMK if you do and can help me w/ it, its driving me batty!

  8. #8
    I wouldn't sell my kids either, but I do know very well the feeling of frustration having to watch certain parts of certain shows over and over and over again. Feel some comfort in the fact that it's not Barney or those damned Olsen twins....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

  9. #9
    Originally posted by Fulit
    stillakid, I have a Gamecube, do you happen to own Metroid Prime? There is a part in this game that has me tearing my hair out, it is so unattainable. LMK if you do and can help me w/ it, its driving me batty!
    No, I haven't played that yet, but I've heard a lot about it. I'll let you know...


    Originally posted by Tycho
    New added scenes to the Battle of Hoth could insert more AT-AT's, and show some X-wings engage TIEs as the transports leave Hoth to escape through the Imperial blockade - adding an air battle element to it, so to speak.

    We could also see "All troops debark for ground assault," and watch as snowtroopers rappel off cable lines and cross 'no-man's land,' blasters firing! Snowspeeders could make runs at the snowtroopers and hand-to-hand combat could ensue in the trenches!
    I've always maintained that the Hoth battle didn't resonate with me just because of the absence of the types of things you mention above.

    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...9578#post89578

    Here George set up the perfect WWII environment, with trench warfare and advancing tanks, but we don't see any of it. Instead, the sequence is pretty sanitized (ala, Gulf War CNN aerial footage) as we listen to Luke's boring monologue throughout. While I'm generally not in favor of George adding to the OT films, this is definitely one set of improvements that would be welcome in my book! Until then, what a great diorama it would make.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Fulit
    I will need him in a few years to beat the scalpers to the new figures and punch them in the crotch for me.
    Thats the most encouraging thing I heard today.

    Originally posted by Fulit
    stillakid, I have a Gamecube, do you happen to own Metroid Prime?
    I might be able to help in a couple of days. Have the game, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It shouldn't be too difficult though. I just started playing Mario Sunshine two days ago, and I've already beat the game with 82 shines.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 12-13-2002 at 02:57 PM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO