It's been a while since I've done a review. 1 because my stores are a little low, and 2 because sometimes people beat me to it. Anyways, a new figure!
Destroyer Droid, Geonosis Battle
- Likeness: It's good. Not great. It's actually a little big. When it's standing up it towers above the regular sized figures. The torso section is a little bulky as well as the arms. It has Popye looking arms. 3/5.
- Sculpt/ Detail: The sculpting is a little rough. The torso is a little big. I guess because of the action feature. The lower part of the arms are too big only because you have to load the firing laser/ fire type things. It's not bad- just a little big. 3.5/5.
- Articulation: DD has 12 points articulation. 2 on each leg, the waist, shoulders and wrists as well as the head (I guess its a head). It's not as posable at the Episode I version, but it holds it pose well. I would have liked it if the shoulders could raise the arms up rather than just go forward, up and down. 5/5.
- Accessories: The figure comes with 2 firing projectiles. Which is all it really needs. 5/5.
- Playability: 1st the good. The firing projectiles (I guess thats what I'll call them) fire very well. They (but not always) lock into the arms and shoot pretty far. There's a lever on the figures back which moves the figure's arms up and down. I guess its for the firing effect but I think it looks more like the figure is boxing. 4.5/5.
- Value: I paid $4.79 at Target for the new Destroyer Droid but I wouldn't pay much more than that. You get a good figure, it's just a little big. 5/5.
OVERALL: Unfortunatly, I'm a little put off by the figure. I like the Episode I versions better. This new one is a little big. If I remember correctly, Destroyer Droids arn't that tall but this one stands just as or taller than most Star Wars figures- but not by much. The bulky arms and torso throw it off for me too. 3.75/5.