Destroyer Droid MiniReview

It's been a while since I've done a review. 1 because my stores are a little low, and 2 because sometimes people beat me to it. Anyways, a new figure!

Destroyer Droid, Geonosis Battle

- Likeness: It's good. Not great. It's actually a little big. When it's standing up it towers above the regular sized figures. The torso section is a little bulky as well as the arms. It has Popye looking arms. 3/5.

- Sculpt/ Detail: The sculpting is a little rough. The torso is a little big. I guess because of the action feature. The lower part of the arms are too big only because you have to load the firing laser/ fire type things. It's not bad- just a little big. 3.5/5.

- Articulation: DD has 12 points articulation. 2 on each leg, the waist, shoulders and wrists as well as the head (I guess its a head). It's not as posable at the Episode I version, but it holds it pose well. I would have liked it if the shoulders could raise the arms up rather than just go forward, up and down. 5/5.

- Accessories: The figure comes with 2 firing projectiles. Which is all it really needs. 5/5.

- Playability: 1st the good. The firing projectiles (I guess thats what I'll call them) fire very well. They (but not always) lock into the arms and shoot pretty far. There's a lever on the figures back which moves the figure's arms up and down. I guess its for the firing effect but I think it looks more like the figure is boxing. 4.5/5.

- Value: I paid $4.79 at Target for the new Destroyer Droid but I wouldn't pay much more than that. You get a good figure, it's just a little big. 5/5.

OVERALL: Unfortunatly, I'm a little put off by the figure. I like the Episode I versions better. This new one is a little big. If I remember correctly, Destroyer Droids arn't that tall but this one stands just as or taller than most Star Wars figures- but not by much. The bulky arms and torso throw it off for me too. 3.75/5.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Cool, review. I don't have the figure yet, but it looks good. Just wanted to make a quick note that it's actually not to big. The E1 Destroyer Droids were a bit to short actually. Destroyer Droids are 1.83 meters tall, which is the same as Jango Fett. Plus you said the legs have two joints, so maybe you need to spread the legs a bit more? Good review though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I agree, nice review
    now I only have to get some DD;s for me
    BTW, is the joint in the under-arm (the part with the missile shooter) the same kind of joint as on the E1 droidekas? cause I''m thinking about switching the under arms if I get him cause the body of the new version looks better and more movie-correct than the E1 version IMO
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP